“favorite spot”

Milwaukee County Zoo
Ranked #7 of 182 things to do in Milwaukee
Reviewed November 17, 2012

There is nothing like walking around a clean, beautiful zoo on a warm summer day and we have one of the best!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,444)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our kids absolutely love this place. It is clean and animals appear to be taken care of. Cannot wait to go next summer. Bring your walking shoes!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The zoo is perfect for families with children who need to run. The wide paths and outdoor attractions offer great viewing of the animals and give the kids a chance to be themselves. Parking was $12 - in addition to the entrance fee which I thought was excessive. Otherwise a great place.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I always always feel like a kid when I visit the Zoo - The Big Cats, The Ropeway, The Toy Train, Cotton Candy et al! And the Milwaukee County Zoo has all this (and more) to offer!

We visited this place on a very cold November winter morning and as lucky as we were, it was a Family Fun Free Day, so we didn't have to pay the admission fees! The animals were looked after very well and we also got to see some interesting ones in the small mammals category!

My personal favorites were The Big Cats - The African Lion, The Amur (Siberian) Tiger, The Cheetah and the Jaguar!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Milwaukee Zoo is one of the best I've visited in Europe or America. The grounds are huge and beautifully kept, and the animals have lots of room and seem relatively happy. I'm into animal rights and struggle with the concept of zoos, but when they're done correctly, they are places of wonder - Milwaukee Zoo is one of these!

The collection is extensive - highlights for me are the Aquarium (one of the best I've seen) and the bird house (a really huge aviary that you walk through!) There are all the apes, big-cats and large mammals you could hope for, and the water and bird shows are excellent and a lot of fun!

One of my favourite destinations - open ALL YEAR - and fun to visit in the sun or snow.