“Amazing Place!”

Milwaukee County Zoo
Ranked #7 of 182 things to do in Milwaukee
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lots to see and do! The animal life was impressive and it was a vast area to cover. Great place to spend a day with family and friends!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We tried to see one museum today and there was no parking so we headed out to our favorite pizza place (Edwardo's, reviewed previously) and it is right down the street from the Zoo.

So two adults went to the Zoo for the first time and dodged strollers and Alzheimers walkers. The layout was easy to do in a few hours, and we took about 2.5. Of course we saw the apes first, my husband's favorites, and the most memorable imprint we took from there was a female Orangutan with her adopted baby, just playing around. That alone was worth the price of admission and parking.

I don't know what you'll see when you visit, but for a smaller city this is a nice zoo for a weekend day (or weekday for a mom or dad and tot in a stroller). I must say that San Diego is still our favorite zoo and botanical gardens, but also that cities much larger (not to be mentioned here) have a pitiful zoo that defies credulty.

Today my husband showed me the dairy cows so I could tell his father. His father was a dairyman for 30 years. I thought that was very sweet.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The zoo is one of the best around and has a large kids petting zoo inside. You can walk it, or take the open air buses to go around. even has a train that goes thru the woods. You will love it. I have been to a lot of zoos and this one where I live by is one of the best

1  Thank jackie m
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had not been to the Milwaukee Zoo for 35 years and were very pleasantly surprised. The plant life around the zoo was lush and plentiful with many animals to view, some in great habitat settings.

I would rank this above both Chicago zoos that we normally enjoy and would even say it comes close to the San Diego zoo which is my favorite.

We spent the day taking our time visiting all the exhibits and really enjoying both the animals and the wide variety of plants. Plenty of both!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were thoroughly enjoying our time at the MCZ...The zoo has great exhibits that bring you up very close to the animals. I also liked the signage at the zoo. It was informative and gave you some facts about the animals, but wasn't an overwhelming amount of information for the average person to read. About 1 hour to the zoo closing, we were greatly disappointed to find that all of the animal houses were closing and the animals in outside areas were being put up for the night. This was very frustrating as my boyfriend and I had read other reviews that told us that the zoo could be covered in a couple of hours. The zoo isn't cheap to get into in the first place, and we were disappointed when our trip was cut short. I should also mention that it was a Sunday and there were no food booths open after 3pm.