“Pleasantly surprised!!!”

Athens Family Restaurant
Ranked #342 of 1,597 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Reviewed October 11, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here as it was close by and we gad read some reviews. The dining area was spotless. There was a wide selection variety of choices on the menu as well as a long list of specials. We like diner style food and the servings were huge. The prices were very reasonable. The waitress was very attentive. We would highly recommend Athens Family Restaurant.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

Very delightful establishment. Great food. Terrific service. Great prices. Sunday buffet is amazing and fresh!

Reviewed September 27, 2014

Great prices. Huge selection on the breakfast menu. Large filling portions. Quick friendly service. Looking forward to going back for their Sunday buffets.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My friend and I have food pecularities, ie. Gluten free, vegan. We both found several options, fast friendly service. Prices were acceptable. Dinners are served with dessert. Generous portions. Within walking distance of our hotel. Highly recommended if you like informal dining.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

As far as traditional family diners go, Athens is good. The food is fresh (I found a bay leaf in my soup....) and the service is very friendly. The French onion soup was wildly oversalted, but the rest of the food was solid to slightly above average, and even the traditional "diner" food has some subtle Greek touches--I could have sworn I tasted allspice(?) in the gravy on the mashed potatoes.

Would I come back? Probably, especially if I had a craving for huge piles of diner-style food.