“Excellent food and very clean”

Athens Family Restaurant
Ranked #357 of 1,593 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My family and I came in on sunday 6/8/14 and had the brunch the food was so fresh and hot. I liked everything on it and so did my family everyone should check it out

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I came in on Sunday for the buffet with my family and there was a big variety of food, we had fast service and the food was excellent!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stopped in on the way to the West side on a Saturday afternoon. We found a clean, but tired family Greek restaurant . The menu is expansive. The prices fair. The food bountiful . While the food was good, I am not fond of the salt levels. To much for my taste. But then when you come in hungry the quantity is what people are looking for. They do sell cocktails.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stopped many times when visiting Milwaukee. I have always had an excellent meal. I enjoy the sweet cake they offer as a beginning. I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everything is always first class. The pastry display is also very nice and tasty.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The one thing the Athens has in its favor is there does not seem to be any other place to eat for miles. It actually is not bad food. But it is also not great. I had a turkey sandwich on a kaiser roll with French fries. The turkey tasted fresh. The roll was definitely stale. The fries were pretty decent. Interestingly the sandwich came with soup. I chose the chicken dumpling soup. The dumplings were not what I expected more like noodles.

The service was fine but not as outstanding as the other reviewers say.

Personally I think the menu has way too many items. Really can any chef/cook capably cook over 200 entrees?