“Excellent family food”

Fond du Lac, Wi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent family food”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have stopped many times when visiting Milwaukee. I have always had an excellent meal. I enjoy the sweet cake they offer as a beginning. I have had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Everything is always first class. The pastry display is also very nice and tasty.

Visited October 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Menu Overload”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The one thing the Athens has in its favor is there does not seem to be any other place to eat for miles. It actually is not bad food. But it is also not great. I had a turkey sandwich on a kaiser roll with French fries. The turkey tasted fresh. The roll was definitely stale. The fries were pretty decent. Interestingly the sandwich came with soup. I chose the chicken dumpling soup. The dumplings were not what I expected more like noodles.

The service was fine but not as outstanding as the other reviewers say.

Personally I think the menu has way too many items. Really can any chef/cook capably cook over 200 entrees?

Visited July 2013
Indianapolis
“Great food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The service we received and the level of accommodation for my elderly grandparent was superb. The staff were very attentive and warm on our Mother's Day trip. The afternoon buffet had a great selection of delicious food. The best item was the baby back ribs: they were some of the best I've had. Overall, the service and quality of food exceeded my standards.

• Visited May 2013
Milwaukee
“Awesome food and great service!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We usually have great service and good food at Athens, but Tuesday's visit was especially awesome! Our waitress was great! We never had an empty glass. We finished our salads and bread, shortly before our dinners arrived. Timing was just right! I had the swiss steak, which was very delicious! I think we will be coming back more often!

• Visited October 2012
Oconto, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Service!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Fantastic food, with fantastic service. Definitely recommend.

Visited June 2012