“Worth The Visit - Breakfast... Delish.”
Review of Blue's Egg

Blue's Egg
Ranked #4 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Elm Grove, WI
“Worth The Visit - Breakfast... Delish.”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was greeted fairly promptly when I had told the younger hostess who wore a smile that there would be two of us. She had said we can seat you when your other arrives. I said, "But he's here now". So, really no further wait, and I was seated outdoors at my request at nearly 8 am (weekday). My friend had shown up within minutes of this. There aren't lots of outdoor tables. Maybe a half of dozen or so. You can always just choose inside on these kinds of days. But since the rarer supreme Wisconsin weather is at a premium, why wouldn't you? I can tell you that it's delightful on a bright sunny summer like morning IF you don't mind the direct sunshine (i.e. wear sunglasses and sunscreen). No sun umbrellas here. To get on with the service and food, I had the 3 egg, pulled ham & gruyere $11.95 omelette with a choice variety of toast which mine was wheat. I elected the freshly cubed cantaloupe as the other optional included side. Very tasty. Fresh. Come here if you want to spend some time relaxing, chatting it up, and on a weekday morning would definitely be better for a much lesser wait. I'll bet the weekend mornings are packed with a longer wait. The waitress was quite friendly, helpful and in general, pleasant. I think that the Blue's Egg is very worthy of a regular breakfast spot in addition to their other menu choices yet to be tried. I'll be back for sure.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Airbus300

Iowa City, Iowa
“No problem with service if eating alone”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I came in for lunch and was told there would be a 20 minute wait, but that it was first-come, first-serve at the counter. I waited for about 6-7 minutes and then got a seat, ordered a few minutes later, and got my food about 10 minutes later. I had the hashbrowns stuffed with olives and goat cheese. They were quite good - unusual flavor combination - but I would have liked more of the filling and more of the paprika aioli, which was dabbed on top. I also ordered two poached eggs to go with. I thought the price was fine for such a large plate of food - about $10 total. I took some chocolate chip cookies home for my family and they were excellent - some of the best we've ever had. I don't know that I'd be willing to wait for an hour to eat here, but it was a great place to eat.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank 730jane
Chicago, Illinois
“Slow, slow, slow. Good food, but unworthy of the hype.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went on a Saturday morning, so we expected a wait. Our group of 4 was quoted 45 minutes, and waited very nearly twice that to get seated. We were expecting brunch, but they serve lunch items only M-F, so plan for breakfast if you're there on the weekend. No ding for that, but worth being aware of.

We were seated and then waited another 10 minutes for a server to stop by. Breakfast places are usually known for turning orders around quickly, so we were surprised to wait over half an hour. And once we were done, it took us another 15 minutes to get our check, wait for them to pick up payment, and get our receipts. We arrived at 10:15 and /barely/ made a 1:00 reservation 10 minutes away - and even that involved some assertive driving.

So, the food is supposedly worth this crazy wait. Their offerings are unusual variations of standard breakfast fare, so maybe the novelty factor goes further for some than for me. Our view is that the food is definitely good, but nobody in our group found theirs to be outstanding. I had a roasted mushroom omelette with a mushroom sauce. I love mushrooms, but this was overkill. Others had hashbrowns and raved about them, so I'd have to recommend those. Nobody cared for their pancakes or french toast, even their famed monkey bread was just okay. (however, everyone loved their "crunk it" sauce)

If it were a quicker experience, there are unusual food concoctions that I would be interested in trying. However, based on how ridiculously slow everything was on our visit, I doubt I'd wait in line for this place again.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Asten77
Chicago, Illinois
“I waited an hour and would do it again”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This place is breakfast heaven. Need I say more, no, but I will.

Before my trip to SummerFest, July 3 & 4, I did my Trip Advisor homework and found this place. It's rated #3 of all restaurants in Milwaukee and all I have to say is #1 & #2 must be pretty darn good because this place has its shtuff together. Really. If you've never been to Blue's, you gotta go. Just don't be in a hurry because you're likely to run into a line waiting to get in.

Food is tremendous, and get this, so is the wait staff. What a pleasant experience this was. The food and service were so good, Its almost as if I went to a high end steakhouse for breakfast. Kind of, sort of, if you know what I mean. Go to Blue's and judge for yourself.

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best breakfast and happy morning drinks”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Breakfast places are a common place... And most have the same stuff. Blues egg is different... While you can get the ordinary stuff, what you need to try are the stuffed browns. Omg they are wonderful. Imaging an omelette but instead of eggs the outside is crispy, golden brown hash browns. Some are stuffed with goat cheese and all kind of options. I have to tell you... I am a pretty healthy eater, but this was outrageously and sinfully wonderful. Oh, and you get to pair it with the best morning drinks, yes alcoholic drinks. There was not one table not drinking (the double negation is worst while in these case)... And I went on a Friday morning. Go Milwaukee.

Visited June 2014