“Great Brunch”

Blue's Egg
Ranked #5 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Brunch”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of the best brunch places in Milwaukee. But, be prepared for a wait. Seating is limited, the place is popular, but it is most definitely worth the one hour wait!!

• Visited December 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“One of the most well-run breakfast joints”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We hit Blue's Egg on New Year's Day at about noon, and were told the wait could be around 40 minutes. We decided to stick around since probably any other good options would probably have similar wait times. I'm glad we did. This is very well run operation with no real flaws. For one, the place is big enough to handle the long lines that develop probably every weekend morning. There is another entire dining room in the back. There is a bar where you can order drinks, I recommend their Bloody Mary, which is not very spicy but is very good, served with a thick piece of bacon, an olive and pickle spear. There is also a self-serve coffee bar at the bar for patrons that are waiting for their table. The bar has a couple of televisions, which had on different bowl games. I asked the bartender why the Wisconsin-South Carolina game wasn't on, and she said she thought the game was later. She fixed that quick.

Our wait for our table was actually shorter than the 40-minute estimate. We were seated in the back room. One of the things about Blue's menu is it's extensive, and, if you are a foodie, you might have a hard time deciding on what to get because there are so many interesting options. Plus, they have daily specials. They also have quite a few hashbrown dishes that all looked interesting. All in our party was more than satisfied with their choices. My wife and I shared the ham and cheese hashbrowns, where were put on her plate, and were delicious. Her eggs benedict was delicious and hearty. I ordered a pork cheek dish that was served on a couple of pieces of pumpernickel with two fried eggs. Everything I tasted was delicious. Also, the wait for our food was very short.

I was just completely impressed with this restaurant, and I wish all breakfast joints were as good, consistent, efficient and as well thought out as this place. We will be back.

• Visited January 2014
Wisconsin
“Eggcellant”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Sunday around 12:30 waited over 45 minutes for a table. Ordered a latte and husband had a Bloody Mary and bartender served me a cookie when I asked if they had bacon on top of them (they did and they are fab). Server greeted us immediately and we ordered having memorized the menu during our wait. I ordered Florentine Eggs Benedict with grapefruit side, husband ordered omelette with prime rib and potatoes inside and bacon on the side. Coffee flowed and we had a small wait for food. Staff was on top of things and it was busy the entire time we were there. My food was great, eggs very fresh and tasty. Grapefruit sweet and fresh. Husband loved food. Would love to try more food here, but maybe call ahead for a table! Brought some cookies home!

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Always Great”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Eclectic comfort food that is always good. Prices are right too. My go-to spot for breakfast with friends or my husband.

Rhinelander, Wisconsin, United States
“Cool Cool Cool”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

It's the small touches that make this restaurant. I loved the vintage dish cloths used as napkins. The water in glass bottles. The delicious toast. The wait staff made us feel like they enjoyed making our experience great. The bacon was the bomb. The specials on the menu were delicious. My favorite Milwaukee breakfast. Good job Blue's Egg.

• Visited November 2013