“Orgasmic Breakfast!”

Blue's Egg
Ranked #5 of 1,503 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Dubuque, Iowa
“Orgasmic Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

One of the top 3 breakfast places I've been to in my life. Period.The reputation of Blue's Egg proceeds itself. It lived up to the billing and then some.

I enjoyed the Dubliner Benedict: poached eggs, corned beef, creamy leeks, rye toast, paprika aïoli. For my side I had an amazing Petite Fruit Smoothy. Very good - I would highly recommend this combo. And, anything with the paprick aïoli is a good choice. The corned beef was perfectly done - lean and tender. The poached eggs were right on, and leeks oh-so-good, and the rye toast was a wonderful base.

My wife had the Berry Smothered French Toast, which is topped with delicous blueberries and raspberries, almond crumble, white chocolate sauce. The french toast was done perfectly, and the berries, almonds, and sauce created a delicious ensemble.

My wife and I shared the Chicken Chorizo hashbrowns, which inclues, spinach, and paprika aïoli. I'm not ordinarily a big fan of hashbrowns, but these were amazing, and by far the best i've ever had. Good enough to make me rethink my otherwise aversion to hashbrowns.

The wait is often over an hour on weekends, so be prepared to show up early and to wait. Luckly, you can get a bottom-less cup to Alterra coffee to enjoy and hang out with your friends and family in their outdoor seating while you wait.

I would definitely, certainly return to Blue's Egg - the best dining I've enjoyed in Milwaukee, and one of the top breakfast places I've ever been. Well done.

• Visited May 2013

Granger, Indiana
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were in town for a Brewers game and did some searching for a unique place for breakfast. Blue's Egg came up and had some pretty good reviews. We were there about 7:30AM on a Sunday, only a few people in there at this time. (slowly started to fill, there was no seat in the place by the time we left about 8:15AM) Service was great. Food was FABULOUS! I had eggs benedict and hubby had corn beef hash. Their ham is pronominal! If we were ever in town again I would make sure I was able to eat here again.

• Visited April 2013
Mequon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The service never misses and the food is well presented.
Every type of taste is catered to. We make a stop here whenever we are inviting people to try something new or are in the area

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fast and friendly - what else do you want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was taking a chance on Blue's Egg, as it was the only breakfast restaurant in the area when I used Google Maps to find a place to stop. But it was a chance well taken. I had the Irish breakfast, a daily special, and it took about five minutes to come to the table. In that time I was given an "appetizer" of a small bushel of plump, fresh grapes and a tall cup of coffee. (They also leave a large bottle of water at the table, which I always appreciate - it's nice not to have to hound a server for a refill.) The breakfast was perfectly cooked and delicious; the house-made Irish Whiskey Sauce was a hollandaise offshoot without the lemon, and it suited the meal perfectly.

The service was attentive and friendly, the food was fast and hot, the fruit was fresh - everything you could ask for in a breakfast.

• Visited April 2013
Florida
“Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My hubby brought me here on my first visit to Milwaukee in December of 2011, when we were engaged. (The review site does not allow me to choose year 2011 - so it states 2012, but I visited in 2011.)

I couldn't believe they served Bloody Mary's for breakfast, LOL. Their hashbrowns were great - served with applesauce if you like. I loved how you get fresh fruit with your breakfast order (we got blueberries & strawberries). The serving sizes were good, and the food was delish.

It was a bit cramped when we walked in, but we were able to order drinks while waiting for a table, which was nice. And being that it was cold outside, I did not mind the coziness inside the waiting area, because it kept us warm. The atmosphere was lively, just like the people of Milwaukee, and I enjoyed my visit to this restaurant very much.

It is pricier than going to Denny's or I-Hop, but what you get in return are yummy and original menu items, at an original restaurant with great service. The food is worth the wait! I liked it so much, I took a promo sticker home with me for my scrapbook.

• Visited December 2012