“Unbelievable Fantastic !!!!!!!!! WOW Delicious Super Treatment”
Review of Blue's Egg

Blue's Egg
Ranked #5 of 1,565 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blue's takes a fine dining approach to classic American brunch, all week long. Old World ingredients and techniques inspire modern breakfast and lunch dishes. Blue's is available for private events in the evening.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Dear Readers, went today, party of 2 for late breakfast, as i got told by a local it was special.... So we went,... And please everyone mark this - do NOT go for a hotel breakfast ,Do NOT waste ur money in Downtown.... GO to BLUE,s.

I can only repeat i,m in this industry 20 years, and i felt like at home, with amaing food.

Our waitress , her name was .Beverly, ...Was sooo friendly to us, example, i ordered (as non usa citizen) 2 mains, 1 bfst and i wanted to try pancakes, as they looked sooo nice.. She told us we order too much and for us arranges to cut it down and get a bit of all... So it was and it was just perfect, but what it made perfect was this LOVELY Lady, (Beverly)' - what ever u pay her... I tell you, dear mangmt. Its not enough. She is a superstar, if i could i hired her to Europe ;).

Also to mention is the young Man, BEN in blue shirt, he was super attentive and geniune heartwarm friendly.

Food was all good, menu was nice, and it was best bfst i had in.... I dont remember.

Gratitude and Thanks

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went to this restaurant during the week and had no problem being seated indoors. They also have a nice outdoor patio enclosed with plants, flowers and palms which somewhat hides the front parking lot. You will find the decor inside to be a welcoming, slightly upscale cafe. When you look at their breakfast menu you will want to try most of it and deciding is difficult! I ventured to the "Much Loved" section and ordered the Creamy Polenta with kale, roast mushrooms, poached eggs and topped with sauce fonduta,(a light, slightly bland sauce.) This dish was very good but could have been better. There was too much polenta and not very creamy, the kale pieces were large and not enough mushrooms and sauce, a bit disappointing as was the Housemade Veggie Sausage which was arrived cold, thick and heavy tasting. My husband had the Eggs Benedicts' and said it was the best he ever ate. The pulled ham on this dish was outstanding and the poached eggs were excellent and done perfectly. Our server was top-notch, asked if we were 1st timers (as this was the case) and gave us a brief explanation of the special coffee and after our meal gave us a box with 2 delicious coffee flavored cookies, a nice touch! Not sure if this is a regular thing they do or because this was our first visit or because I left some of my food? Anyway, with the incredible menu we will definetely be back! The food is priced higher here so be aware it is not your typical "run-of-the-mill" breakfast joints.

1  Thank panielsen
Reviewed September 23, 2012

SO many choices and every one is delicious! Try the ham or corned beef with your breakfast if a meat eater!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I happen to think that breakfast is the best meal to have out in a restaurant. And if you're in Milwaukee, you can't find a better place for breakfast than Blues Egg. After our first visit here, we went back the very next morning.

Owned by the same folks who own Maxie's Southern Comfort, Blues Egg has the same reservation policy, which is to say, none. This means on a Sunday a.m. we waited an hour and forty minutes for a table (went to Gilles Frozen Custard across the street to tide us over). All of those people in line ahead of you know it's worth it, and you will, too.

At Blues Egg they do it all very well. The pulled ham is a highlight, as is their bacon. And, they do sweet things nicely too - both their pancakes and coffee cake were lovely. Coffee is good, and the service is fun and efficient, even when they are packed. Of course if you can come in on a weekday mid-morning, as we did with our second visit, you probably won't have to delay gratification!

I've felt for a long time that there should be more breakfast places around, and I'm hoping maybe Blues Egg will expand its locations to the East Coast so I don't have to wait for my next Milwaukee visit to go back.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Unique twist on breakfast classics. Only thing possibly better than the excellent food is the great service.