“Wonderful food!”

Hue Vietnamese Restaurant Bay View
Reserve with OpenTable
Hue Vietnamese Restaurant Bay View is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #684 of 1,535 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Russell Street
Reviewed August 25, 2012

For being such a small place, I've never had an issue waiting for a table or having a seat at the bar. The spring rolls are to die for. Everything is so fresh!

There are newer reviews for Hue Vietnamese Restaurant Bay View

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Classic and traditional Vietnamese food served in a trendy, cozy cafe.

We went on a Friday around 4pm and the restaurant was not busy at all. All of the staff were very polite and the restaurant menu covers all of the main aspects of Vietnamese meals; appetizers, Pho (noodle soup), noodle dishes, rice dishes, and banh xeo (Vietnamese Crepes). The descriptions are very detailed which is great. I wanted to try everything! And there are vegetarian and gluten-free options! Their waters come with a slice of cucumber which is mind-blowing. Never tried it before but I'm now a fan of cucumber-infused water.

We ordered the Sampler Platter to start. This came with 2 fried shrimp, 2 eggrolls, 2 beef skewers, and one large springroll. It also came with peanut dipping sauce and sweet & sour sauce. All of the appetizers on this platter were GOOD! But the beef skewers stole the show! Traditional Vietnamese seasonings and marinade done the right way. I could eat a whole plate of those.

For entrees, we ordered the Beef and Meatball Pho, the Mi Xao Don, and Banh Xeo.

The pho was really good. A bit more sweet and aromatic than others we've tried but great. The crispy noodles was fantastic. Sweet and spicy, filled with tons of veggies, and a good amount of beef! The banh xeo was good too, a bit too greasy for me though. Overrall, their portions are huge. We whole-heartedly enjoyed our dinner at Hue. Their dessert menu was simple yet impressive. I wanted to order the Asian Donuts with Nutella Drizzle but we were so full and satisfied with our meal, we decided to try em next time.

You know a place is good when you already start planning the next time you will be back.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our anniversary with a lovely meal at Hue. The service was top notch; warm and friendly and among the best we’ve received in the city. Prices are reasonable for the large portions and quality. Give consideration to the special cocktail of the day; we were blown away by the fresh, seasonal offering. The atmosphere is very comfortable and quiet. Perfect for a lunch or dinner with loved ones.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was a cute little Vietnamese restaurant in a cool neighborhood. Prices were fair — a little higher than Thai perhaps — but not too bad. The beef skewers were enjoyed by the whole family. The Pho was a winner with all the traditional add-ons. A shrimp and cold noodle dish also wowed. The atmosphere was definitely more upscale than the average Vietnamese family place.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have enjoyed everything I have ever tried on this menu! Particular favorites are the noodles (shrimp) and the Shaking Beef. Great restaurant for a fun night out with friends.
I just hope the staff continue to be patient with me as I attempt to learn how to pronounce the authentic names!