“Delicious”
Review of Harbor House

Harbor House
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbor House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,551 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Dr & N Lincoln Memorial Dr
Description: Harbor House is a bright, spacious New England-style seafood restaurant Milwaukee residents and visitors love, set on the shore of Lake Michigan. The restaurant is a result of a partnership between local businessman and philanthropist Michael Cudahy and The Bartolotta Restaurants. After opening in 2010, Harbor House quickly rose to become one of the city's top restaurants. Harbor House offers a premier lakefront dining experience and the freshest seafood flown in daily from both coasts. The interior features a three-sided bar, a raw bar, an open kitchen and a private dining room available for special events and parties. An outdoor patio features a full bar, Adirondack chairs and unparalleled views of the lake, the Milwaukee Art Museum and Milwaukee's skyline.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

A very comprehensive menu with many delicious options, great service from all staff and a very relaxed atmosphere

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I lunched at Harbor House on Valentine's Day. I had the delicious crab cakes and calamari-both were wonderful! He had the bisque and a salad. Bisque was warm but not hot. We had a wonderful window seat with a view of the Milwaukee Art Museum and the harbor which had been requested. Outstanding! The wine list although expensive was terrific and worth the cost. Our waitress was attentive without being too close. The entire experience was wonderful, romantic, and left us wanting to come back again for another memorable experience.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent service from beginning to end. Our waiters Chris and Lisa were fantastic. Started with raw oysters from CT called "Naked Cowboys". Giddy up!!! Then on to lobster rolls with an awesome aioli sauce that they had on the menu held over from Valentine's day. Numm. Add in a complimentary glass of champagne because it was our anniversary, thank you. Main courses of scallops and brandzino ( whole mediteranean sea bass ) which melted in your mouth! Topping off the night with a complimentary chocolate cheesecake for desert, thank you again!! Great ambience and views as the sun sets over Milwaukee and the nearby Callatrava Center. I highly recommend Harbor House. We will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I went here with two other couples for a friend's 30th birthday party. The place has a beautiful view of Milwaukee, Our server was a little slow at times, but generally answered any questions we had and described the menu well. The drinks were made very well. I had the Steamed Scottish Salmon with Olive Oil-Poached Cherry Tomatoes, Braised Chard, Roasted Potatoes, Basil Oil It was wonderful. The entire dish was prepared very nicely. I substituted the roasted potatoes with roasted sweet potatoes. Everyone else at our table seemed to enjoy their dishes, from Swordfish to Lobster and Filet Mignon to a Caesar salad. The serving sizes were perfect, not too big, not too small. The restaurant is clean as well as the bathrooms. It is very busy and service can be slow at times. Overall, we would eat here again. It would be beautiful to eat outdoors in the summertime. It is expensive, but nice for a celebration or special night out.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a restaurant that one would absolutely entertain those from out of town. Valet Parking, Coat's hung for your care and seating with a view of the Harbor. Food was cooked to perfection and to ones personal liking. Wine list offered great choices and overall I was very impressed with the overall experience. Our group for an appetizer had, Calamari which done to perfection and one didn't feel like they were chewing forever. Soft and easy to chew!!!, Sea Scallops and Clams, Wine and mixed drinks. They offered bread and crackers, I enjoyed the bread! For Dinner I had the Filet Mignon with sea scallops and sauteed spinach and potatoes, Cooked by the Chef with perfection and perfectly done the way I requested, Other's had Lobster in which I found to be much more food in appearance! For dessert One of us enjoyed cheese cake and sorbet. Overall if you are entertaining someone and want to make that lasting and great impression this is the place in Milwaukee to take them! Pricey in whereas if you are entertaining a party from 2-3 people make sure you have at least 400 dollars to cover the evening.