“Changed my opinion of Bartolotta restaurants”
Review of Harbor House

Harbor House
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbor House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,566 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harbor Dr & N Lincoln Memorial Dr
Description: Harbor House is a bright, spacious New England-style seafood restaurant Milwaukee residents and visitors love, set on the shore of Lake Michigan. The restaurant is a result of a partnership between local businessman and philanthropist Michael Cudahy and The Bartolotta Restaurants. After opening in 2010, Harbor House quickly rose to become one of the city's top restaurants. Harbor House offers a premier lakefront dining experience and the freshest seafood flown in daily from both coasts. The interior features a three-sided bar, a raw bar, an open kitchen and a private dining room available for special events and parties. An outdoor patio features a full bar, Adirondack chairs and unparalleled views of the lake, the Milwaukee Art Museum and Milwaukee's skyline.
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Ive been to a couple other Bartolotta restaurants and was not happy with my experience or my food. We went to Harbor House and I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant feels like it's straight out of the east coast. Very clean and simple interior. We ordered the fried clams for an app. They were very good. Exactly what I had been craving. I had the filet and lobster and my hubby had the lobster pot pie. Everything was fabulous. Next time I would probably skip the filet, just because I have had better. Lobster was cooked perfectly and the pot pie was really tasty. For desert we had the panna cotta. This dessert was to die for. One of my favorite ever. Do not go to this restaurant and not get this dessert.... Hope this place is around for many years to come.

1  Thank NJI930

Reviewed September 24, 2011

As usual the Bartolotta family hits a home run with this beautiful lake front dining establishment on Lake Michigan with beautiful views of Milwaukee as well. The food is innovative and delicious. A wonderful menu and superlative service. Every table has a great view and excellent food to enjoy. Do not miss this excellent dining experience.

1  Thank Joseph F
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I was very unhappy with my experience at Harbor House.

I brought my parents who had come in from Chicago to Harbor House hoping to impress. However I was incredibly disappointed by the service and the food did not blow me away.

We walked in to find three hosts. None of them greeted us. The first thing that was said was that the brunch was $39.99. We were all taken aback. I responded that the price was fine. Yet none of the hosts made any move to help. My mom then asked whether she needed to pay first. At that point, one of the hosts then said that he would seat us.

We sit down and no one comes to greet us or bring us any beverages. Despite the fact that there is a large number of staff standing around, not one person comes over to our table. Finally, I go to the bartender and ask for a drink. I was pretty angry and embarrassed at this point. He gets the point and indicates that he will send someone over. The person that they send over had been to the table next to us two or three times without coming over to us.

From that point, things got marginally better. But the experience was not to the caliber that I would have expected. The staff was slow to get the buffet table replenished. Also, the server did not get rid of the buffet plates as quickly as I would have thought.

Overall, I will never go back to the Harbor House. I can't believe how we were treated. I still have no idea why we were treated that way. While we may not have been dressed in our sunday best, no one was in a t-shirt or jeans. My dad was wearing a polo and khakis and my mother was wearing khakis and a sweater set. I was wearing a black pullover and a skirt. However, even if we were in t-shirts and jeans, that still would not justify the type of treatment that we received at that restaurant.

2  Thank jennjin01
Reviewed August 28, 2011

An exceptional restaurant with unbelievable food. Recommend the crab cakes, followed by the seafood risotto, finishing with the citrus cheesecake.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Located right next to Milwaukee Art Museum, jutting out onto the lake, you have the perfect combination of great location, great food, great atmosphere and great service. Highly recommended.