“Brought Back Good Memories”

Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)
Ranked #17 of 175 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: The Conservatory's Arid Dome houses a fine collection of cacti; the Tropical Dome features plants from the rainforest and the Floral Show Dome hosts a number of changing themed blossom displays throughout the year.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Used to take my son here when we lived in Milwaukee. He loved it then and it was a nice as ever. Plants are beautifully maintained and presented very well. Fully accessible. This place is especially lovely on a cold winter day when it is bitter and snow-covered outside - like a trip to a warm place!

There are newer reviews for Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

At $7 per person, I'm not sure this was worth the money. There are two themed domes (tropical & desert) and one called the Showdome, which appeared to be a beautiful backdrop for photography. The tropical done had replica dinosaurs hidden among the plants that I'm sure kids would enjoy. Parking is plentiful and it is easy to find this place. I think we went through all three domes in an hour. It was okay, but I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We had some time on a recent visit to Milwaukee, so took our 3 sons (ages 10, 8, 5) to the Domes. They enjoyed walking through the Tropical and Desert Domes, checking out all the different plants. It was a pleasant time and a nice way to pass 1-2 hours.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

There are three domes that each have their own theme. One dome has tropical plants, another has desert plants, and the third dome is known as the Show Dome. It took about 90 minutes to walk in all three domes. There is much vegetation in each dome that is easily seen from paved paths. Comfortable temperatures were found in all three domes. Plants are nicely labelled for educational purposes. This was a good place to spend a morning. I would highly recommend a visit here.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The garden domes were very enjoyable. They have a desert dome which was my favorite. They also had a tropical dome and show dome which houses special exhibits. I enjoyed all three domes. The place was well taken care of and all the plants and trees looked very healthy. We enjoyed it.