“Symbolic Milwaukee”

Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes)
Ranked #17 of 174 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Owner description: The Conservatory's Arid Dome houses a fine collection of cacti; the Tropical Dome features plants from the rainforest and the Floral Show Dome hosts a number of changing themed blossom displays throughout the year.
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Symbolic Milwaukee”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Have been to the "Domes" repeatedly since childhood, for wedding photos, and to visit with my son for a model train show. It is the best place to take in blooms especially during the winter.

Villa Park, Il
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice displays”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I liked the tropical dome best, but the Desert and general plant displays were also good. We had a little troulble finding it since our GPS wanted us to drive thru Potowatami Casino. Not downtown.

Visited August 2012
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great spot for an event!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We attended a wedding at the Domes. We are out-of-towners who came just for the wedding and found the Mitchell park conservatory to be a great tourist attraction as well. We enjoyed the gardens - I think the desert dome was my favorite - but the service for the wedding was exceptional as well.

Oswego, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Fun Place to See a Desert and the Tropics in One Day”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Spend a couple of hours at the Domes. It's just fun to roam around in the various habitats, plus you might actually learn something. The trails and exhibits are well maintained and labeled, and you'll forget that you're in the middle of a world class city for a few moments.

1 Thank RoadHungry
San Francisco, California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Not As Good As Expected”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

From what I had read and been told I was expecting a greater horticultural exhibition than was actually there. If you have not seen too many of these types of attractions around the world, this might impress you. Unfortunately I have see a lot of these things and I was not really impressed at all. Now that doesn't mean that it wasn't worthwhile; it just failed to impress. The arid and tropical domes were good presentations of the ecosystems contained. But the special exhbit dome was sadly unimpressive; certainly not worth a trip out to the domes to see it. I guess the bottom line here is that if you really, really like horticulture then you will enjoy your visit. Otherwise your time is better spent elsewhere

1 Thank Burney A