“The Coolest cafe you'll see”
Review of Cafe at the Plaza

Cafe at the Plaza
Ranked #85 of 1,577 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in the Plaza Hotel & Apartments.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This cafe is set between the two brick towers of the Plaza Hotel in a secluded courtyard. The brick walls are entirely with grapevines that stretch 4 stories high. The food is great breakfast or brunch food. My family enjoys our meals here every year.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It had been several years since our last vist - winter, and a chance to see the hopping business on a summertime Saturday morning. We had seats at the counter and service was slower than expected. Simply remarkable what that tiny kitchen turns out in breakfast fare that is eclectic and by no means bargin priced.

Our basic eggs, chive hashbrowns, and turkey sausage patties breakfasts didn't even include toast ($0.50 extra) for the otherworldly $8.00 price. Portion size was ample and everthing tasted great, I just don't get pricing that is a 50% premium over most comparable breakfast fare in the MIlwaukee area. Our total bill, which included a single coffee and a water was pushing a dinner bill at Applebee's.

If your visiting the MIlwaukee area and are seeking memorable breakfast fare and ambience, this is the place. If you are local and just seeking the usual breafast sustenence, stay away unless you've just got a big raise or won the lottery because there isn't a breakfast entree (including oatmeal) on the menu for under $8.00.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Best breakfast I have EVER had! Truffled eggs....divine. Everyone in our group was very impressed. Artichoke black olive omelet and truffle oil on hashbrowns. Just writing about this place makes me hungry.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on our doorman recommendations. The breakfast omelet I had was very good. An art deco setting. Would go back!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This awesome breakfast spot adjacent to the Plaza Hotel serves up some of the best breakfast I've ever had. From a killer breakfast club to a smoked trout scramble that is just to die for. There is no way this place will disappoint. There may be a bit of a wait but it's well worth it. The best part is that nothing on the menu is over $10.00. There's a reason I ate here four out of the five days I was in Milwaukee.