“They got everything right!”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mahwah, New Jersey
“They got everything right!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was my third hotel in six days, staying only for one night before an early flight. What a pleasure it was to end my trip at this property!!

First of all, there wasn't a speck of dirt anywhere -- not in the common areas (including the laundry room), not anywhere in my room (including the bedspreads and bathroom). Everything glistened. I realize that this is a newer property, but this still speaks to how well this place is run. The front desk staff were all welcoming and friendly yet had the appropriate level of formality that signifies their commitment to professionalism.

My room was spacious, attractive and practical, with a much-appreciated mini-fridge (and microwave, but didn't use it). The adjustable mattress was comfy and the HVAC system was easy to control and worked well. If you didn't know you were right next to an airport, you would never know it as you could not hear the planes. Even the bathroom counter was at a height that made it easy to use, whereas for some inexplicable reason lately I've been finding a lot of other hotels that have sinks/counters too high to be comfortable.

The laundry room was small, with just two washers and two dryers, yet it was in impeccable condition. Plus, at $1 per load, it was a bargain. The dryers worked so well that they only required one cycle. In the lobby area was a 24 hour hot beverage station. I've seen/used this sort of thing at other hotels and so often they are poorly maintained. This one not only was super clean and beautifully presented, but the hot water for tea was actually hot, even at 11 p.m.! Somebody had been paying attention. So, while attending to my laundry, I had a lovely cup of English breakfast tea and a couple of yummy cookies from the lobby -- what more could you ask for?

In addition to all of these elements, if you stay here take note of the framed art in the room and in the common areas -- I noticed lots of artsy images of many Milwaukee locations. This is a nice touch and gives you a sense of place.

The only thing to consider on the downside is that if you are not looking to specifically be next to the airport, this location isn't that convenient. While it isn't far from the freeway to get into other parts of Milwaukee, there isn't much around the hotel that a traveler would want to access (like a store, restaurant, etc.) Having said that, I'm still giving this place five stars for location because it is convenient to the airport, which is the point.

This is a spectacular version of a Hilton Garden Inn -- it's enough to reverse the typical image of an "airport hotel."

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Anne C,

Thank you for the outstanding review. Our housekeeping team works hard to make certain everything glistens for our guests and they will be happy to read this well-written review. Thank you for sharing your feedback and please come see us again when you are in Milwaukee.

David Noel
414-837-2420

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. The rates were reasonable. The room and facility is clean and has a fresh appearance. But, the one thing that really stood out was the friendly staff. The staff always smiled, offered assistance, and had great attitudes. The last name of one of the staff members should be "Mr Awesome".

This hotel isn't too far off the beaten path (I-43), and is close to the airport. I have stayed here for business travel and personal travel. Clean and friendly-- sums it up.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Kb0p,

Thank you so much for the recommendation and your awesome review! I am glad you were able to experience our wonderful facility and our friendly and helpful staff. They will all be very excited that they were able to make your time with us memorable. Again thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay, we can't wait to see you again soon!

JACKSON
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I continue to saty at this hotel due to the great customer service, and the nice, spacious rooms. The facilities are very nice, and they take care you. I ordered room service, and they were at my door with my food in 10 or so minutes. I was amazed, and impressed. The rooms are very comfortable as well. You get more for your money at this hotel. They provide resort style customer service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank TRAVON J
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear TRAVON J,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty with our hotel. The entire staff can't thank you enough for all of your kind reviews. I am so pleased we are able to amaze and impress you in new ways every time you stay with us. Again thank you so much, and we can't wait to have you as a guest again soon.

Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I'm not sure how old this hotel is but it seems like it is brand new, very nice establishment. Very clean very modern and the beds were fantastic, they even have adjustments for firmness. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional both in the evening and morning checkout. We'll definitely stay here again in the future. They also provide shuttle service to the airport. Nice job, keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear dexter5,

I appreciate that you took some time to share your valuable feedback about your recent visit with us. The Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport opened in the summer of 2010, so we will be celebrating our 4th anniversary this year. We have also recently done some light remodeling and redecorating in our lobby. This was done in order to give the common guest area a more open and welcoming feeling, I am delighted you were able to enjoy this new lobby vibe. I will be sure to pass long your kind review to entire staff, they will be happy to hear that you will be back again in the future!

Illinois
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We spent two nights here while in Milwaukee. The location is near the airport but I didn't notice a lot of other places around to shop at and there were only a few restaurants near by. The view outside our window was of a rental car company. The rooms are large and we had a microwave and refrigerator. It was nice of them to provide coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby area. The rooms were clean. Their fitness center was great! They had tv's attached to all of the machines and the ones I tried all worked. We did have a slight issue with housekeeping but it was handled without a lot of effort on my part.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Motherof3lllinois,

Thank you for your sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am very pleased you were able to enjoy all of the wonderful amenities that our guest rooms and fitness center have to offer. I would like to apologize about any issues you had with housekeeping, but I am thrilled our staff was able to resolve the issue in a timely manner. I am also very sorry the view from your hotel room wasn't what you were hoping for. We do have some great rooms facing the Mitchell International Airport, and our Front Desk team would be more than happy to put in a room preference for you the next time you stay with us. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or need anything else.

(414) 837-2433
Wanaque, NJ, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This location is very convenient to the airport while still being quite. The restaurant is great, bar a nice add. I always stay in Hilton properties - this one seems to find the best front-desk associates as they are totally welcoming and personable. FYI - the bar across the street is alleged to be the oldest in Wisconsin!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Ralph P,

The entire staff would like to thank you for sharing your feedback, and for your loyalty with the Hilton brand. We are definitely excited to hear that we are now one of your favorite Hilton properties! I am very happy our Front Desk team made you feel welcome and that you were able to enjoy our on-site restaurant and bar. We hope we will see you again the next time you are in the Milwaukee area.

Walcott, North Dakota
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I traveled to Milwaukee to share my sister's 50th birthday, When I made the reservation, I mentioned that fact. My sister came out to the hotel for dinner that night and every single staff person wished her a ''Happy Birthday" and they gave her a complimentary dessert with her meal. The next day we spent at a spa and again the enthusiasm and genuine caring everyone at the hotel exhibited was overwhelming. This hotel went far above being 'clean and neat' it was like being in your friend's home. I won't stay anywhere else when I come to Milwaukee!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Cindy552014,

Thank you so much for sharing about your recent experience with our wonderful staff, we appreciate your kind words. I am very glad that all of us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport were able to be a part of your sisters birthday. The staff is excited that they helped make your visit very special and memorable for you both. Again thank you so much, and we can't wait to have you and your sister back again!