“Best Milwaukee Airport Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oakland, CA
“Best Milwaukee Airport Hotel”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a fine hotel about two minutes from MKE by shuttle. The rooms are standard HGI with good beds, nice television and comfortable chair and desk. The bathroom is more than adequate with good shower though a bit small if looking to take a bath.
Food is fine, nice breakfast buffet in the morning where you can eat in 5 minutes if in a rush to the airport, or a bit more if you have time. Hotel lobby has coffee by the check-in desk. The bar area has a television and dining room looked adequate, though the hotel shuttle drove us to and picked up us from a nice local restaurant they recommended.
Gym is fine, Pool is small. Has an excellent business center with three computers and two printers in one of the most comfortable surroundings I've seen at any Hilton property.
This hotel is certainly the best of any in the immediate area and fairly priced. If you want a bit of a view ask to face the airport on the third floor but away from the street.
Staff was very helpful and courteous. No complaints.

Room Tip: Third floor facing airport but away from street and not over the restaurant fan unit.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear kev1438,

Thank you for the detailed feedback on your stay with us. We appreciate all the kind words and are pleased that you enjoyed the level of service provided. Next time in Milwaukee, please come back and see us.

David Noel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We come to the Milwaukee Citation Service Center 4 times a year times 4 locally based Citations. This place us the closest one for us but in my option also the best. The food is good also . I would recommend this place above the rest.also if you chose to eat at another place there are plenty around.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi Strve,

Thank you for our feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your business and look forward to having you back on your next flight into Milwaukee. Our Food & Beverage team takes great pride in our food quality. Next time you visit, please ask about our new food menu. These new food selections will be rolling out in the next 30 days. Thanks again.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed at this property as a pass through to Chicago. I was disappointed after reading all the positive reviews. I arrived late to a very grumpy front desk person, it was very off putting especially after the long drive at the end of the day. When I got to my room it smelled of smoke so I went back down and asked to get to moved to another room. The oh so grumpy front desk person acted like I just asked them to do an impossible task. When I got to my new room it had two beds instead of the King I had originally booked. I left it alone and just dealt with it, it was better than having to talk to that front desk person again. In the morning I was disappointed after working out and realizing there was no bathroom or way for me to freshen up before having to share the elevator with some people. I felt bad for them having to share an elevator with a sweaty and I'm sure smelly person. The hotel itself is clean and quite nice but the staff and "extras" leave much to be desired.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Anthony J,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Please give me a call on my direct line at 414-837-2420 when you get a chance. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I am sorry we failed to achieve this on your visit. Thank you again for your feedback.

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Wow! What a beautiful facility! Our room was spacious, clean and very well decorated. Hotel is fairly new and you can see & even smell it! Our room, the hallways, the lobby - everywhere smelled like fresh wood. We only stayed one night, but could have easily stayed for weeks! Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to try out the restaurant or pool, but both looked clean & welcoming. Definitely would recommend to anyone traveling to the area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravellinZs
Dear TravellinZs,

Thank you for the review. Please come back and visit us soon. We are currently almost finished with a lobby remodel so it looks even newer and fresher. We appreciate your kind words.

Round Lake, Illinois
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The restaurant staff acted as a team and really made you feel at home even though it was the first time at the hotel. The food was excellent and the service timely. The meals were a little pricey, but the quality was worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John F,

I was pleased to read your awesome review on our restaurant team. Glad you enjoyed the service and food quality. We will be rolling out a new menu within the next 30 days and will take your feedback into account regarding pricing. Thank you and come back and see us soon.

Manitowoc, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My stay at the Hilton by the Milwaukee airport was very enjoyable. The hotel staff was friendly and professional. The food was excellent. The wine was excellent as well. The shuttle to the airport was punctual and convenient. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi Russell B,

Thank you for the outstanding review and the great recognition of our team. It was a pleasure to have you. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you visit us again soon.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I couldn't have been happier with the service here, or the room. But the room alarm was set to the wrong time and I was told that I could not change it--even they could not change it. They would have had to swap out clocks. Really? I was told that this is a repeated problem. Someone at the corporate office had a new idea, I guess. Yikes. Then, the well appointed fitness room had no bathroom, sink or even hand sanitizer. Yuck. The restaurant had a great server but so so food.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear bgandl1,

Thank you for your feedback on our staff and amenities. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and the service. The clock issue and your feedback on the fitness center are very helpful for us. Since your stay, we have provided staff training on adjusting the time on our guestroom clock radios. As of today, we also added a hand sanitizer dispenser in our fitness center. The restroom is located to the immediate right as you exit fitness center. Please come back and see us next time you are in the area.