“Average At Best”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed at this property as a pass through to Chicago. I was disappointed after reading all the positive reviews. I arrived late to a very grumpy front desk person, it was very off putting especially after the long drive at the end of the day. When I got to my room it smelled of smoke so I went back down and asked to get to moved to another room. The oh so grumpy front desk person acted like I just asked them to do an impossible task. When I got to my new room it had two beds instead of the King I had originally booked. I left it alone and just dealt with it, it was better than having to talk to that front desk person again. In the morning I was disappointed after working out and realizing there was no bathroom or way for me to freshen up before having to share the elevator with some people. I felt bad for them having to share an elevator with a sweaty and I'm sure smelly person. The hotel itself is clean and quite nice but the staff and "extras" leave much to be desired.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Anthony J,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Please give me a call on my direct line at 414-837-2420 when you get a chance. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I am sorry we failed to achieve this on your visit. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Wow! What a beautiful facility! Our room was spacious, clean and very well decorated. Hotel is fairly new and you can see & even smell it! Our room, the hallways, the lobby - everywhere smelled like fresh wood. We only stayed one night, but could have easily stayed for weeks! Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to try out the restaurant or pool, but both looked clean & welcoming. Definitely would recommend to anyone traveling to the area!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellinZs

Dear TravellinZs,

Thank you for the review. Please come back and visit us soon. We are currently almost finished with a lobby remodel so it looks even newer and fresher. We appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The restaurant staff acted as a team and really made you feel at home even though it was the first time at the hotel. The food was excellent and the service timely. The meals were a little pricey, but the quality was worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

John F,

I was pleased to read your awesome review on our restaurant team. Glad you enjoyed the service and food quality. We will be rolling out a new menu within the next 30 days and will take your feedback into account regarding pricing. Thank you and come back and see us soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My stay at the Hilton by the Milwaukee airport was very enjoyable. The hotel staff was friendly and professional. The food was excellent. The wine was excellent as well. The shuttle to the airport was punctual and convenient. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Russell B,

Thank you for the outstanding review and the great recognition of our team. It was a pleasure to have you. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I couldn't have been happier with the service here, or the room. But the room alarm was set to the wrong time and I was told that I could not change it--even they could not change it. They would have had to swap out clocks. Really? I was told that this is a repeated problem. Someone at the corporate office had a new idea, I guess. Yikes. Then, the well appointed fitness room had no bathroom, sink or even hand sanitizer. Yuck. The restaurant had a great server but so so food.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear bgandl1,

Thank you for your feedback on our staff and amenities. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and the service. The clock issue and your feedback on the fitness center are very helpful for us. Since your stay, we have provided staff training on adjusting the time on our guestroom clock radios. As of today, we also added a hand sanitizer dispenser in our fitness center. The restroom is located to the immediate right as you exit fitness center. Please come back and see us next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have stayed at the Milwaukee Hilton Garden Inn several times now and have been very satisfied. Our only suggestion is that for breakfast the complete buffet ($11-12) is more than many people desire, so other choices would be helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Joan and Larry,

Thank you for the feedback on our breakfast selections. I appreciate it. Our team strives for service excellence with every guest. Thank you for the high ratings and please come back and see us when you return to Milwaukee.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was the absolute best experience I've had in my years of travel. The staff couldn't have been more hospitable or helpful. The room was immaculate and extremely comfortable. The shuttle service not only takes you back and forth to Mitchell Field, but they transport you to a number of excellent local restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Carol P,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn - Milwaukee Airport. I am glad that the service and amenities exceeded your expectations. Thank you again.