“Great hotel, close to MKE, super friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Chose this hotel because of proximity to Mitchell Airport and their "park and ride" service. It's great hotel, easy to find (we drove up from Chicago) and close to a lot places to eat. The room was very spacious, comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, nice TV. Decent workout room, nice equipment. Didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. The "park and ride" service is a great - cost was excellent - $25 for the week (you can stay up to two weeks I believe). The shuttle was on time for our departure - 7am on a Saturday. It's a 5 minute ride to airport. The return process was just as easy - we arrived at the international terminal, called the hotel and the shuttle was there within 5 minutes. Our driver Pete was great, made sure we had directions to get back on the interstate. He dropped us right off at our car. Also, it had snowed while we were gone and the hotel staff made sure to wipe the snow from all of our windows prior to our return - we did not expect that. Next time we fly out of MKE, we'll be staying here again.

1  Thank bkp2012
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Tourism Ambassador at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Dear bkp2012,
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback! I'm glad to hear the Park & Fly Package was easy & convenient for you. I'll be sure to let Pete know you spoke so highly of him- he'll be happy to hear your comments! Hopefully during your next visit you'll have a chance to relax in our pool & hot tub. Thank you for sharing your experience, we look forward to seeing you two again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have selected this hotel for my wedding reception this coming August. From the initial tour, Mila Godic in Sales was accommodating beyond our expectations. She offered creativity (definitely an out-of-the-box thinker), great attention to detail with regard to what we envisioned and has been extremely thorough with each and every detail of our event. The property is gorgeous, exceptionally clean and each staff member we have encountered has delivered the highest level of customer service.
We stayed at the property prior to booking our event and our stay was flawless. Whether for business travel or an event, we highly recommend this property.

1  Thank TLCH38
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Tourism Ambassador at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012

Dear TLCH38,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel and for your high rating of our property & staff! I'll be sure to pass your comments on to our management and sales team; I'm sure they'll appreciate them, especially Mila. I'm glad to hear your stay went well and that our friendly staff took good care of you. We are so excited to host your family & friends for your wedding and look forward to making your special day perfect!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed here on business on a Thursday night. Staff was very freindly and courteous. The rooms were nice and clean. I had the breakfast buffet ($11.99) which was very good. The hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere. You could actually park and stay here for a few days without having to go out to eat. They had a fitness room with treadmills, pool, and hot tub. I would higly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear WItraveler2000,
Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about our hotel & staff! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and some of the amenities we offer. We hope to see you again the next time you're in town, whether you're here for business or to relax!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

There are a lot of upsides and almost no downsides I can think of for this property. For a property with reasonable proximity to the airport, the rates are extremely competitive. This is a relatively new property with attractive outside grounds. The grill, for both breakfast and dinner, is sufficient for a hotel. Television offerings are extensive and first rate. The room itself is spacious and the beds are comfortable.

Hotel showers and washrooms are appropriate both for persons of size and height. The pool is a bit small and not open 24 hours, however the gym comes with standard issue Procor exercise equipment and is open 24 hours.

Parking is plentiful, regularly patrolled and well lit. There is little to offer in the immediate area as it is proximate to the airport, so use this hotel only if you are car bound. Service is prompt and friendly. The lobby decor is excellent.

Rooms come with a fridge and microwave, for those of you who find those amenities a necessity.

About the only downside I can give you is that of noise, hall noise and noise from rooms next door do tend to bleed through. But it is an extremely competitive property for the area and comes highly recommended. It is my preferred property at which to stay when in the Milwaukee area. For those of you who are Hilton bound and looking to do work in Kenosha/Racine, it is a better alternative than the Hampton Inn in Gurnee.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Tourism Ambassador at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Dear cromartie,
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your visit! We appreciate that you've shared these details about our hotel with other travelers. We're proud of all the amenities our hotel has to offer and are sure everyone can find a favorite spot to relax here.

I apologize for the noise disturbance during your stay and hope you were still able to get some rest. During your next visit we would be happy to assign you to a room at the end of the hall if you'd prefer as that should be quieter.

We are thrilled to be your preferred hotel when you're in the area & appreciate your recommendation. Thank you again for choosing our property, we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Kimberly Pohl and staff are easy to work with, thorough and attentive. They always follow the beo exactly and respond to any last minute changes quickly and with grace.

The food is always excellent. I get many compliments from attendees.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear bruce g,
It was a pleasure hosting your training event & it's great to hear everything went smoothly! Thank you for your feedback and compliments about our sales and catering staff; I'll be sure to pass them on to Kimberly and the hotel management. We appreciate that you chose our hotel and look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I recently traveled to Milwaukee to visit an account I do business with. I stay in hotels about 150 nights a year and have been used to run-of-the-mill service...People who are run down, tired, annoyed by guests requests, stare at the computer the entire check in process and only look at you when they have bad news. The individuals who work at this HGI truly have raised the bar for what service should be; they smile, know a lot about the area and seem to really care. The breakfast was great, the morning cook was talkative and asked me how my stay was, the front desk staff were friendly and was surprised to hear "good morning" from the housekeepers as I walked to the elevator. The rates are a lot higher than I'm used to for staying at an airport hotel, but worth every penny. I'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the runway for great view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Tourism Ambassador at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Dear nysports13207,
Thank you for sharing your experience here with other travelers. We truly appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations!

Thank you so much for your comments about our staff! I will be sure to pass your thoughts on to management and my colleagues here. We are proud to offer great customer service that has helped us become one of the top Hilton Garden Inns in the country. It's encouraging to hear you experienced this during your stay. Thank you for your tip to request an airport view room. We're always happy to accommodate that when possible- our 3rd floor rooms offer a great view of the planes taking off while still being a quiet place to rest.

Although you mentioned you were in town for business I hope you were able to enjoy some of the fun things Milwaukee has to offer. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel & we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Only stayed one night but as others have written, its what a hotel is supposed to be....My wife and I stayed d/t an early am flight the next day. Hotel staff were pleasant, attentive, and it was easy to get to. It is a new facility, and the amenities such as the simple bar, exercise room, pool and restaurant were inviting. Room was not a box, quiet and very pleasant. They forgot my wake up call but I had set the clock just the same and didn't miss a beat. And without any excuses, the gal at the desk simply took ownership, and apologized. How refreshing. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIMilwaukeeAirport, Tourism Ambassador at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear bgould1001,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your thoughts with other travelers! We appreciate your comments and high rating of your visit. It sounds like you were able to see many of our amenities during your stay. I'm glad to hear you and your wife found our hotel inviting and our staff attentive. We do our best to make even one night visits comfortable and memorable!

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel management and front desk staff for the error with your wake-up call. That is not the norm but we realize it could have been very inconvenient, especially given your early flight. We appreciate that you had a back-up alarm set and were so forgiving of our mistake.

Thank you again for staying with us- we look forward to seeing you again the next time your plans bring you two to Milwaukee!