1,143 results
All reviewsmilwaukee airportfire pitfront deskbusiness centerrental caran early flightshuttle servicegreat place to stayfitness centerpark and flyvery nice hotelconvenient locationfree shuttlehgilobbymkeproximity
Reviewed March 9, 2011

In my profession I travel all over the world on a monthly basis. I begin my journey out of the Milwaukee airport. I have tried several, SEVERAL hotels around the airport and never found a property that was just what I was looking for. When HGI opened their doors, I booked a room and was so extremely surprised. The staff is phenomenal. I give kudos to the management for choosing such a great staff. I firstly would like to point out the fantastic restaurant. The chefs and waitstaff take the time to prepare first class fare. I never have found this good of food in an airport hotel. The food is fantastic. Even if I was unable to stay at the hotel, I would still visit it for a meal. I have not had the pleasure to meet the GM, but have met the assistant GM and he truly loves his work and loves working for Hilton. The staff of this hotel is top notch. The rooms are very spacious, modern and clean (and I check everything with a fine toothed comb each time I stay in hotels). As someone mentioned previously, this hotel is very, VERY quiet. I love this place as a second home that I frequent!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank businessflyerG
SMLCTA, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Dear BusinessflyerG,
Let me begin by thanking you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our hotel from your visit this past month. We are priviledged to have had you walk through our doors when we opened in July 2010 as there are many, many hotels in the Airport Market you could have chosen from. We are glad we are able to offer you a new hotel to choose from as you visit Milwaukee. Thank you for the compliments of the staff, menu, food and room cleanliness. I like to think of us as the "Melting Pot" here as I believe us to have " the best of the best" in staff, food and management in the area; all with one common denominator-- to be committed to service excellence. Our General Manager, Matthew Landgraf, would love for you to stop by next time we have the honor of you as our guest since you have not met him; please hurry back. One last item: thank you for noticing the quietness of our hotel as that is significantly due to the Sound Control Insulation built into the architecture.

Honored to have you as a loyal guest, thanks again you are appreciated,
Stacie M. Lancaster, CTA
Sales Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2011

Well, I can't stop raving about the Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee. The staff is perfect and always polite. The restaurant in the hotel has really good food as well. This hotel has everything for the business traveler: fitness center, business center and a pool. The band playing in the restaurant was a nice touch as well.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
HGImilwmanager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

Dear lashonda75,
Let me start by saying Thank You so much for not only returning to our Property as a Loyal guest, but for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a second review. Your raves are very much appreciated. We are so glad we were able to please your palate in our Great American Grill, and that you were able to utilize the business center, fitness center and pool. Lastly, thank you for the feedback on the Live music playing near the Loung/Restaurant. This is a fresh new experience we are trying on Thursday Evenings, so your feedback is appreciated. Thanks again lashonda75 and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 16, 2011

We unexpectedly made a trip to Milwaukee to attend a funeral. The hotel is located near the airport. From the moment we walked into the HGI, we were blown away. The hotel is upscale, clean, and the staff was excellent. Ellis, Kevin and the kitchen & housekeeping staff provided us with top-notch service! Our room was large, beautifully appointed & quiet. The food was delicious (room service & Great American Grill). 5 star staff & facility. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2011

My wife and I used the park and fly package. This hotel is first class and acts like a 4 or 5 star. From the moment we arrived we felt important and everyone worked to that end. Kevin demonstrated great service. This property is exceptionally clean.

We requested a shuttle ride at 3:30am ,they had the shuttle driver ready and waiting. Upon returning, 5 minutes after calling- they had us picked up. They promptly returned us to the hotel and loaded our luggage into our trunk.

I do not know how the stay could have been better.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I'm a regular traveler to the Milwaukee area and after reading the glowing reviews here decided to give the new Hilton Garden Inn a try, and I am SO glad that I did.

The positive impressions begin when walking into the property, which is nicely upscale with a restaurant, a very nice sitting area with fireplace and a nice looking front desk. The pool is very nice and well-kept, and the 24-hour fitness center is stocked with new Precor equipment - my brand of choice.

Like many newer properties there was also a mini-convenience store adjacent to the front desk stocked with the usual drinks, munchies and sundries at not too confiscatory of prices.

Checking in was very pleasant and fast, and the room was immaculate. Very nice bedding and 32" LCD HDTV TVs and cable service with HD channels, including all local channels broadcasting in HD along with their subchannels and HD versions of various cable stables like ABC Family, ESPN, TBS and TNT.

The bathroom amenities were very nice as well, the towels soft and fluffy, not over-roasted in the dryer and thin as at some other properties.

My favorite part of the stay was that when housekeeping had checked and I still had my Do Not Disturb sign on the door, they would slide a card under the door to note that they honored your request - this was wonderful as if I was a few minutes from leaving I could mention I was leaving to the housekeepers. This is SO much better than the typical hotel where you play "housekeeping roulette" each day as to whether your room will be serviced or not.

Other in-room amenities included a very nice refrigerator that did not freeze my sodas, and a nice microwave.

But the biggest thing I think many people might be concerned about is sound - given the property effectively backs to the airport itself. To that I say it is absolutely NOT an issue. Not only is the hotel very well-built - unlike others, when people down the hall leave YOUR walls don't shake and you aren't kept awake by the sound of the people next door showering - the entire time I was there I never heard a plane take off or land unless I was specifically listening for it and even then it was a "mute the TV" kind of thing.

All in all, I was so impressed after checking in I signed up for Hilton's HHonors program, as I've found a new hotel home for all my future trips to the Milwaukee area - sorry, Holiday Inn Express and Suites.

It's a little more expensive than most in the area, but it's MORE than worth the very slight premium; the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies put out each night didn't hurt, either. :-)

One note - when booking, check out their specials. I normally just book the AAA rate, but they had a special rate affiliated with the Potawatomi Casino that not only supplied a voucher for the casino but was also $10/night less than the AAA rate!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank AscentGuy
HGImilwmanager, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2011

Dear AscentGuy,

I am thankful that you gave our hotel an opportunity and even more thankful that we were able to provide you with an excellent stay. Yes, our development team that constructed the hotel was extremely conscious of the fact that we are located right next to General Mitchell Airport. Thus, extra sound deadening material was used during construction of the hotel to soundproof each guestroom so that our guests can attain a good night’s sleep. We appreciate you joining our Hilton HHonors rewards program and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

David Noel