“Nice rooms - but aging and old hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Milwaukee

Rodeway Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Ranked #44 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Marshall, Minnesota
“Nice rooms - but aging and old hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The check in area, elevator, hallways, and breakfast area are in pretty rough shape. I was a little concerned with that - but then VERY surprised when we got into our room. The room looked newly renovated and we even had a suite with a 2-person whirlpool. I was very grateful for that - and it was only 8000 points. We were treated nicely by the staff. And yes, there are some rather odd people hanging out around the hotel area. I would stay there again.

Parking lot hard to get in and out of - very heavy traffic with no stoplights. Also - breakfast nothing special.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Checked in at desk, was not even sure it was the desk to check in. Small and no couches, furniture,etc. Then went to elevator, a lightbulb had been smashed on the floor of the elevator, glass everywhere. (To their credit it was cleaned up a few hours later). The carpeting was stained throughout, but otherwise clean rooms. Breakfast was cold foods only. But the price was right and only in town for 2 days of classes so efficient.

• Stayed October 2012
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Hard to say if there weren't construction people all over the place if I would have liked it better. The room was spacious and clean, and it's just off the freeway so convenient, but ....The entry is sort of tacky/shabby. The receptionist was dour. And the breakfast room was SO TINY that we ended up getting coffee and going out to breakfast somewhere else. The food didn't look too bad; they had hard boiled eggs and waffles and the other usual stuff. But the tables needed attention. There wasn't room to move. Also, if you're visiting downtown Milwaukee, this place is on the south side away from the fun stuff to do in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LNunn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Three levels, interior which is good. Good price for rooms, especially for an AARP rate. Older hotel, used to have smoking rooms because burns on some furniture, sheets, and bathroom sinks. Needs upgrades. Carpet needs to be replaced. BUT, beds were extremely comfortable and clean! The rooms are spacious with clean refrigerators and microwaves. The indoor pool is a good size and very clean. The breakfast is decent quality, but there is a McDonalds within walking distance if you are looking for something more substantial. The staff are very friendly and try to accommodate you. Amenities are sparse. They do have a shuttle to and from the airport which is nice.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Sjs1ki
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Leaky sink, gross smell, and the carpet and sheets....not good. Management was rude and unorganized. Never again.

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Paige_seven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a couple of days and we were very satisfied with the hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful with everything we needed. we had a great stay

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank sandrar1988
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We live in FL, My partners kids (ages 19 - 23) Live in WI. We went up there for a wedding and one day the kids came to visit us and when we were comming in to the loby the female manager started yelling at my kids asking "how many people are staying in that room??" I heard her from outside while the door was opened. Now you got to know we were there from the 20th to the 25th and this happened on the 24th and she checked us in. When I my partner and I walked in the door I answered her with a firm "TWO and I dont appreciate your attitude, If I remember correctly we can have as many guest as we please" It went back and forth over how many people were staying for about 4 mins. then she said my kids were offencive to her. I asked what was said or done. and her responce to my question was they know what was done. I told her well if your not going to tell me what was said or done so it can be corrected then Im not going to do anything about it and your just giving me attitude over nothing. her responce to that was Im done talking with you, as she brushed me off like you would a fly near your face. I told her I wanted to speak to a manager right now. she looked at me and told me she was the manager. when I asked for the Corp number to call and complain she told me "www.choisehotels.com" I told her I asked for a number, that way when I get in my room I can call and complain to a live person about you! her responce to me was "if you dont like it you can go to another hotel!"
I have gone on to choise hotels web page that night and complained. the automatic email I got said i should hear from someone with in 48 hours and they have till the 28th 9pm to respond.
The hotel was nice, has an indoor heated pool.... could not use it except for the first day because someone relieved themselves in it and left floaters. so the pool was drained and cleaned. But its that manager who Im going to remember when I think about my first trip to Milwaukee. Not meeting my partners family for the first time or watching his nephew get married. Two things that ment everything to me on this trip were totally ruined by that woman in a matter of less then 30 mins.
Take it from me..... pay a little more and stay nextdoor at their sister hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure ajana isnt there if you do go!!!