“'W" lite near nightlife and Bradley Center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Milwaukee Downtown

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #25 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Captiva Island, Florida
“'W" lite near nightlife and Bradley Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at Aloft for a getaway weekend. Contemporary design, friendly service. However, get outside room to avoid boring courtyard view. Riverview rooms are available but you need to ask. Valet parking available. Modest breakfast service available in lobby, also small bar available for a nightcap. Located two blocks from historic Mader's restaurant, 3 from the Bradley Center, and surrounding entertainment district. Riverwalk is outside back door.

Room Tip: Ask for south side river view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rojamg
Rebecca G, Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I am so glad that you had a great time while in Milwaukee and that we were a good location for you. Hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first stay in the Aloft brand as I am a Starwood Gold member and have been curious to try it. Very mod hip-looking hotel, not the traditional type on many levels, style and rates perfect for ladies weekend, bachelor party, etc. not a business trip. Staff was very friendly and accommodating…valets provided great service-never had to wait! The Loft style makes great use of space, not in the traditional ways - shelves vs. drawers and curtains/pocket panels vs. doors, very modular. Beds were incredibly comfortable, room space was good for 2 in a king. Bathroom doesn't lend itself to much privacy…so be familiar with whom you stay. Rooms have a fridge, coffee, wall mounted soap/shampoo by Bliss (very nice!), and free internet. Lack of a restaurant not a bother as snacks were available if you needed them. Located right on the river walk in walking distance to great bars and restaurants. I read the reviews of the noise, and being that I'm not a light sleeper I didn't think I'd be bothered. Well take heed… the walls and floors transfer noise thru the hallways and even above…that was the case with hallway discussions from a group that lead to yelling and finally an incredibly fight that broke out at 3:30am, went on until after 5 and we had to be up at 6am. I read that sleeping kits are available if you ask for them. There does not exist a sleeping kit that would assist in the noise levels experienced in this facility. Yes, there is a freeway close by but on the weekend there was no traffic or an event at the Bradley Center so it wasn't an issue. I wish I could give a higher rating but the noise level was such a deterrent.

Room Tip: Top floor corner will reduce as much noise as possible
Hello

I am glad that you saw a lot of benefits of our hotel, and I am very sorry about the noise and other problems that occured. Thank you for brining them to our attention. We will be addressing and correcting this issues right away. Normally our business travelers have a great week day stay with us. We really hope you will give us other chance.
Ann Arbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nice hotel. They get you in and out quickly. Rooms are updated, trendy, and comfortable. Bathrooms are kind of cool. Not your typical stodgy hotel room. iPhone can be used to control the TV, and the alarm clock wakes you with light -- not sound. Lobby is cool with a bar and a pool table. Only complaint is the office-sized mini fridge is loud, but I unplugged it.

Room Tip: One recommendation -- unless you need daily room cleaning, you can decline it for a food credit or S...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rebecca G, Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Aloft in Milwaukee. We hope to see you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

this was my first time in a lot of hotel. I really enjoyed the room great layout nice accoutrements and very good service help out. Because of that I would have given the restaurant a 5, but the lack of a restaurant, and even though they do serve some kind of food and snacks, there is really no comfortable place to sit and eat.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and our staff. I am sorry about the lack of restarurant. We do have many great food options, but no table service. There is also a lot of restaurant in walking distance. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in Milwaukee, and this is my first at the Aloft. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the amenities are perfectly fine when you consider that this is not a full-scale hotel complete with a kitchen etc. However...

...my beef is with the noise situation. My first room was on the 2nd floor, right on Juneau Avenue. The building is literally right against the traffic, and it's as if a freeway is just outside your window. Upon walking into the room, I quickly realized that this was not going to be conducive to a good night's sleep, so I asked for another room. The front desk staff was helpful, but they did say that 'all of the desirable rooms' are often booked up and occupied by Monday evening. I guess that checking in on Tuesday means you're out of luck...

We did finally find a room on the 4th floor, but on the same 'freeway' side. I was hopeful that 2 stories would do it, but unfortunately it ended up being the same story. If you are a light sleeper, be prepared to listen to cars revving at the red light, then flooring it across your window all night long.

At that point I was over the room changes so I decided to accept my fate... Well, it was a really bad night's sleep, and I was exhausted by morning. So I blearily asked the front desk staff for a second room change. They were very accommodating, and I came back in the evening to a new room, across the hall from the indy-500 room, a room that faces the inner courtyard. Yay!

I was very hopeful until I realized that my new rooms was right next to the electric room. And guess what: all evening, every 30 seconds or so, I could hear the revving of the elevators going up and down. Nothing worse that the unpredictable whine of elevator machinery...

At that point I gave up on a good night's sleep, and on the aloft hotel in Milwaukee. I can't recommend it for anyone that is in need of a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: If you need to stay here, make sure to insist on a very quiet room.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Aloft in Downtown Milwaukee. I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a good night sleep during your stay. Thank you for brining this to our attention, we will work with our team on correcting these issues. We hope to see you the next time you are in Milwaukee
Stillman Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you know the movie, "Son In Law", think of Pauly Shore's character "Crawl" and then think of the old guys he calls "Bartles and James." As much as the old guys would be underwhelmed with Aloft, anybody under 60 would call this place trendy, hip, and fun. Yet, even those who stick to traditional would have to admit that this is a super clean stay with an incredibly professional and helpful staff. The TV in the room the best I've ever seen, the shower was tall enough that at 6'3 I didn't have to bend down to enjoy the warm water. We ha a view of the river and the old world district (great), and every 10 minutes I found myself wandering over to the window again. The bed was extremely comfortable, there is a small pool, and an exercise room with actual dumbells. In the lobby there is a pool table, bar, sitting area, and outside area by the riverwalk. This was the most memorable stay we've enjoyed in years. WELL DONE STAFF, WELL DONE!

Room Tip: Get a room with water view if you can, and if you are going dowtown the cabs will be at your door in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rebecca G, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your visit to town as we understand that there are many choices for lodging in downtown. We are happy to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. Our staff appreciates knowing when they go above expectations and strive to do this with every guest.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

First time I stayed at an Aloft. Very pleased with the room. Staff went out of their way to make the stay comfortable. Valet even helped us save money on parking. Location right near downtown and numerous restaurants. There is a bit of road noise, but no more than any other urban hotel. I would definitely book there again.

Room Tip: book online for best deals. Ask for river side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Milwaukee and we are glad that your first Aloft experience was enjoyable. It is always good to hear when our staff does a good job helping our guests out as that is why we are here! Hope to see you again in the future!