“Great location, lovely staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Milwaukee Downtown

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #25 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
various
“Great location, lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed at 3 or 4 different Alofts...they are always consistently nice and clean. And usually, the front desk people are quite nice...but I think since this one is located in Wisconsin, these folks were extra nice...or Wisconsin-nice. Very helpful and sweet.
I liked that I could walk to Marquette (although a bit of a hike) as well as to downtown shopping and restaurants. They also had a shuttle service to get around the local area (not the airport).
I booked on hotwire, so i was extra happy with the price...but i think it is moderately inexpensive.
Milwaukee was way nicer and more interesting than I expected. have fun!

Room Tip: I can't say i was happy with the room location...it was about a mile from the elevator, facing t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are so happy that we were able to be a part of your Milwaukee experience. Milwaukee is one of those cities that goes underappreciated and unnoticed at times. Once you visit though, you can understand what the attraction is. Hopefully, we will haev the opportunity to host you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I Love this hotel!! This was my first stay at an aloft, andI must say they are AMAZING!!! Great food, lovely front desk staff! Everything was at a low cost. The front desk was extremely helpful, giving us great reccomendations for nearby restauraunts. AJBombers is a MUST. We will definately be returning to this hotel and Milwaukee!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. We are so happy that we were able to take care of you and meet your expectations on this visit to Miwlaukee. We will definitely congratulate our front desk team on the service provided. We hope to have you back again soon!
Chicago IL, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I first stayed at an Aloft in Munich, Germany. I remember thinking at the time that this concept would be perfect in the US, and I was thrilled to see one come up in my search results while planning a recent trip to Milwaukee.

The concept: It's like a cross between a budget, low-frills hotel and a design hotel, with most of them situated in a BRILLIANT location for business and recreational travelers. The price tends to fall in the moderate range in most locations. The lobby and rooms tend toward modern, high-end design. Colors are bright and bold, and because they are new, they tend to be in pretty good shape.

The rooms: Don't expect a big room. Expect a small room that is very thoughtfully designed to seem a lot bigger than it is when you're staying there. Seriously -- they squeeze utility out of every square inch. I wish my house was designed this well.

Room amenities: They had everything I expected, from free WiFi and a nice big TV right down to toiletries from Bliss in NYC (my favorite.) What a nice touch to find their signature "Mini Blue Bar" of soap in the bathroom. They aren't cheap. Instead of providing individual soap and shampoo in the shower, they had dispensers containing Bliss products, so they only have to pay for the 2-3 pumps you actually need. (These seemed to be locked -- I appreciate that. Don't want some jerk putting Nair in the shampoo dispenser, right?)

Two complementary bottles of water! NICE!!! Most places gouge you $3 or $4 each for a $0.25 bottle of spring water.

Hotel amenities: I was surprised to find a decent gym and a small indoor pool. Nice touch. Even better was the lobby, with lots of comfy seating, a happening bar, and a free pool table! They also have a little mini-cafeteria open 24/7 where you can pick up drinks/snacks.

Only complaint: They have free coffee in the mornings, but it was put away and over before 10 a.m.

Room Tip: I appreciated the rooms with a city view vs. courtyard views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us and others, your thoughts and experience with Aloft. I think you did a wonderful job of explaining what and who we are as we try to give the traveler a better experience thru efficient and clean design. Hopefully, we have the opportunity to have you back again in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place was a lot cooler than I thought. My wife, I and two of my cousins stayed here for summerfest/ my birthday. The hotel is very modern and the room was great. It was somewhat small but the way it is laid out works. The bed takes up a big portion of the room and the TV is wall mounted in front of the bed, under the bed was a padded bench and off to the side was a desk. The bathroom is a fair size and the there is a frosted glass window in the shower looking out into the room. The lobby and bar are pretty cool. They stick with the modern style. You can help yourself to water and a couple options of water with fruit in it. There are chips and sandwiches to purchase in the lobby and the bar was pretty nice. The pool is open 24/7 but is pretty chilly. It's downtown and there are local businesses around and its about a 20 minute walk to the summerfest area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jawkurt
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Summerfest, always a good time of the year! Hope you had a great birthday while you were here with us. We apprecaite the opportunity to take care of you for such a special trip, hope to have you back again this year if you choose to come back to Milwaukee for your birthday!
Gages Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night here for a basketball game. Perfect location to walk to food, drinks, and the Bradley Center. The hotel was very modern and great for meeting new people in the lounge after the game. No garage but they do have valet for a price. I would definetily recommend and stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Sheeba831
Thank you for letting us host you while you were here for the basketball game. Hope you enjoyed your stay here in Milwaukee. Thank you also for taking the time out to let us know about your experience, can't wait to have you back in the future!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am a long-time Starwood member, but this was my first stay at an Aloft and I can see how this brand is popular to many. I was in town with friends and we had a fun time at the hotel bar. We also used the gym and it is good for a quick workout. We all thought the hotel was clean and the front desk was pretty good as well. We think this is a good spot for individual travelers and friends who can handle a more lively atmosphere, but probably not the best spot for families (small pool and noise).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DAHAWK
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Glad you were able to stay with us while you were in town! We are glad you enjoyed the time with us and thank you for letting us know how it went. We always appreciate when our travelers provide insight to others regarding our hotel. Hope to have you back again soon!
Castle Pines, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I also thought the Aloft was lovely at first look. Very modern interior with creative use of space. Upon closer look though, it was not as clean as I would have liked, dirt in the corners and tattered and worn towels. The freshness and crispness had worn off. Wish they had a hot tub, they do have a pool but warming up in a jacuzzi would have been nice. And the choices of food for purchase for breakfast was very lackluster and standard. So make other plans for your breakfast unless you're in a hurry and need to grab something on the go.

Room Tip: Make sure your room isn't over the conference rooms, we had karaoke going on until midnight righ...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robbielb
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us while you were here. We apologize for the cleanliness not being up to what you expected, we will address those issues immediately and get that resolved. We are in the process of replacing the towel and terry, so those should be revolved out of stock shortly. Hope to have you back again in the future!