“Value, style and peek-a boo bathroom”

Aloft Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago
“Value, style and peek-a boo bathroom”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This was my first stay in Aloft hotel, a low cost version owned by the W hotel brand. For about $100 I had a king room with a comfortable bed, extra pillows, a large flat screen TV, free WiFi, and a great shower.
I have 2 complaints; noise transferred from the hallway into the room too easily and as someone else mentioned the bathroom is completely exposed when the door is opened. If the door was hinged on the opposite side a person walking down the hallway wouldn’t have a view of a guy in briefs shaving in front of the sink when his wife/gf opened the door, as happened to me while walking to my room.
Even with the peek-a-boo bathroom, I would return if I could grab a room for about $100 or so. Water street bars and restaurants are only a couple of blocks away and the hotel has a sense of style that’s appeals to me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank topitalian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Cedar Rapids, IA
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Great location just north of Old World 3rd St. along the Milwaukee River. Within walking distance to everything in downtown and especially close to Edelweiss Cruise lines for a night on the river or Sunday Brunch cruise. Modern and trendy, so I would suggest it as a great place for an adults-only stay.

Room Tip: Cheapest rate would be the 2nd night 50% rate compared with other deals.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here twice for business and will definitely return. The location is great because it is surrounded by restaurants within walking distance and is easily accessible to the highway.
Everyone is friendly and helpful and the rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed. I worked out the last time I stayed here and the gym did the job for what I needed.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank NYCtravels15
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for the feedback. We enjoy being able to take care of our guests, such as yourself, that give us an opportunity to take care of them on every trip to Milwaukee. See you again soon!
Milford, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Great location by the stadium. A very European Style. Smaller rooms and bath, but very functional. Great desk and avaliabilty of charger plugs. TV mounted high on the wall at the end of the bed. Small help yourself snack area with brunch in the AM in the lobby. Rocking bar.

Room Tip: SPG membership and book spg.com
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Glad you enjoyed your visit with us, always good to hear what our guests enjoyed about their experience! Hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We picked the Aloft for a short anniversary trip. I researched a lot, but chose the Aloft based on it being relatively new, unique and seemingly nice for a tight budget. We arrived to find that you had to pay $23 a night to valet park or $15 a night to self park, which seems ridiculous for Milwaukee. We moved to the cheaper lot for the second night, but the hotel still charged us for two nights, so my wife had to waste time trying to get the charge taken off of the bill. The hotel was clean for the most part, but it was very annoying to constantly see bits of stuff in the hallway carpeting, as if they never vacuum it. The pool is very small, so even with just us and one other family there was only a small amount of space to swim in. My wife was very disappointed that there was no hot tub. Overall a decent hotel, but we would likely not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review, as always we appreciate any type of feedback especially those that we can learn from and use to get better in delivering a better experience. We are sorry that we did not live up to expectations for this visit, but we will definately use your feedback to get better.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed here for just a night with the family on a Saturday. I would go back without hesitation alone, with my spouse, or with friends, but probably not with the kids.

This hotel is really conveniently located in the downtown Milwaukee area. This is the 3rd aloft I've visited, so I'd say it's pretty standard as far as rooms, amenities, etc. Definitely positioned to be young/edgy design. The common areas are louder at night, to portray a nightclub atmosphere. That boisterous atmosphere spills to the room areas late into the night on the weekend; beware if you're looking for a quiet getaway or have an early flight.

On the negative side, this was perhaps the worst desk experience I've had at an aloft or even across all Starwood brands (with Platinum status). My room reservation needs, arranged in advance, could not be met, leaving me in a bit of a bind with a party of five including young kids. The desk agent just did not seem to care.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and far from elevator or guest noise may be quite loud.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ryanmiy, General Manager at Aloft Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking time out of your day to give us feedback! We are so sorry that you felt that the team was uncaring as that is absolutley without a doubt not the image we care to portray. Feedback such as this allows us to go back and resolve issues with service, so thank you. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further, we are always willing to listen to how we can improve.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed four nights for a family reunion. The lobby was a perfect place for hanging out or for making plans. We could also gather there or in the courtyard after an evening out to wind down. The hotel is located well along the river. It is a little noisy from the street at night but
that really didn't bother anyone in our gathering of over forty members too much.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family