“Good neighborhood bar with >60 taps”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sugar Maple

Sugar Maple
Ranked #20 of 135 Nightlife in Milwaukee
Charlotte, NC, USA
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 194 helpful votes
“Good neighborhood bar with >60 taps”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

After a strong recommendation from a friend, a co-worker and I stopped into Sugar Maple on a recent business trip to Milwaukee. The bar is located in the quaint business district of Bayview, only a short drive from the airport. Inside is a long, winding bar with tons of casual seating options opposite. The Sugar Maple has 62 beers on tap, including a large selection of Wisconsin microbrews. The bartender was friendly, attentive and helpful in choosing a beer. We did not have any of the service issues experienced by previous TA reviewers. Overall, a very good experience.

Visited May 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Slow Service, Crude Patrons, Dark and Uncomfortable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Service was pretty slow, only one bartender. The bartender had good knowledge of the beers and was nice enough to offer a few small samples if we weren't sure of what to order. Don't know if they were regulars or not, but a couple of guys at the end of the bar were making some pretty crude and loud comments. Friends and myself ended up leaving after one beer.

Visited May 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Big Mistake”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I will never ever go back to that bar. It use to be a nice play. now you cant get service and heaven forbid you move a chair then you get almost most attacked by some goof ball bus boy. I give it a year and it will be out of business. If you don't believe me look at the other post. We tried to talk to the owner and all she would say is Google it. Well Google this!

After reading other post what is it with this bar and this goof ball.Our party of 10 walked out.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank Yoccm1
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beer heaven.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Amazing beer selection. I recommend beer flights of 4 for $15. Nice bar as well as comfy couch seating. If you love good and unique beers in a trendy yet comfortable setting its a must see.

Sofia, Bulgaria
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“beers lover's dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This quiet, dark little gem has an extensive and brilliantly arranged beer list with something for everyone. The service is good and the prices depend on how much alcohol is in your beer. I love the decor and I visited here often when I lived in Milwaukee. One of my favorites in the city...and I lived in MK for many, many years.

Visited July 2012