“Excellent Find! ”

Ranked #82 of 1,533 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Story Hill
Description: Locally sourced Mexican dining in the heart of Riverwest. We support local farmers through Braise RSA, and offer a selection of vegan-friendly and gluten-free dishes.
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a concert and looking for a place to eat dinner before the show. A quick search on TripAdvisor pointed us in this direction. We are so glad it did! What a great find! A little hole in the wall place that you could easily drive right by, the atmosphere changes as soon as you walk through the door. Friendly faces, great scents from the kitchen, and a lively feel. The food was great. My husband tried several different street tacos, which he died over. I had a carnitas torta...excellent fresh torta bread and REEALLY good carnitas. Lots of love! Only words pf caution - 1.) Margaritas, while very good, are quite strong. My husband and I split a pitcher and left pretty much wasted, but HAPPY. 2.) Both salsas are quite hot. Overall, this was an excellent find and a great experience. We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Corazon

Reviewed September 23, 2013

CC uses fresh, local produce in its vegan dishes. Loved the vegan tacos served with a mouth-watering green salad. I am salivating as I write this. Killer margaritas, too. Its a small place that fills up fast, but worth the wait.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

take-out order was timely but 75% wrong. if it takes 5 more minutes to get the order right, that would be my preference. we asked for pulled beef and got ground beef and we asked for the cilantro sour cream and got no sour cream.

good food but bad service. i will not be returning.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

stayed at a friends house in Milwaukee during Harley fest. took us to this amazing neighborhood café and restaurant for breakfast/lunch. everything was fresh and delicious. I had what may well be the best burger I have ever had. I think I was touted as a breakfast burger because it had a egg on it, which at first I was a little Leary about but actually the you did not taste the egg, you just got the creaminess off the yolk. it is a shame I have to describe my sandwich as a hamburger because it was so much more. and instead of having boring fries I had black beans and rice, way better idea. such fresh ingredients. if you are in the area do not miss out on this great place

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very small but quaint, this awesome Mexican spot is nicely tucked away! Immediately when you walk in the door, the fresh food hits your taste buds! I had the steak burrito $9(large enough to share) and my friend ordered the steak tacos$8(3 tacos).The burrito had so much flavor and was very filling. The tacos resembled traditional street tacos but would make anyone want to slap a parent over them! Elijah(bartender) is fun and skilled! Try the Corazon Punch(half or whole pitcher.. fyi Beware of the heavy hand) very tasty. The service is fast and served up with smiles as fresh as the food. If you like a more intimate setting the patio is a delight. Nice soft lights and décor.