“Chimichanga!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Bay View
Neighborhood: Bay View
Reviewed July 12, 2014

To me, chimichanga always sounds like a cheer. I was cheered by my dinner choice of a pair with ground beef over my usual order of chicken enchiladas. The toasty dough enclosed goodly portions of nicely-spiced meat. A small, bright place, Guanajuato’s is just south of the increasingly popular Lincoln-Kinnickinnic-Howell triangle; parking south of it on Howell is your best bet for a space. An occasional drinker, I have enjoyed their margaritas, but favor the tamarind Jarritos. Tequila aficionados will find many choices to satisfy their tastes and thirst.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went to celebrate my friend becoming a grandmother for the first time and so disappointed. Small place small bar but okay atmosphere.I was looking forward to great food but never happened. Started with Margaritas The Raspberry/Lime ROCKED! However pass on the Coconut and Mango nothing special. Ordered Guacamole to start and got mashed avocado and nothing else, I was shocked that the waiter even served it. I asked him where were the ingredients that were supposed to be in Guac and he was like no big deal. We both wanted to try a couple different items and ended up ordering a Fish taco, Shrimp Taco and Chicken Echilada Suizas with Tomatillo sauce and cheese. Tasteless fish and the Shrimp taco was ok. My enchilada came microwaved to oblivion the cheese and green sauce disappeared and the chicken was like splintered wet wood. When I brought to the waitresses attention she took it away but did not remove it from the bill. I had to tell whom ever it was at the register that I wasn't paying for it. Service was just as bad, waited forever to get the check never refilled water and had to wave someone down for drinks and to order. Not worth the trip to GTO...

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love this little restaurant, I have eaten at Guanajuato's for breakfast, lunch and dinner and I have never been disappointed. On my last visit, I had one of the lunch specials which was a cheese filled chile relleno served with rice and beans. My companion had chicken flautas. There were at least 10 other options listed as lunch specials and the full menu was also available. I especially like the fact that Guanajuato serves a few things other restaurants don't. An examples would be huaraches, a Mexico City masa based style sope. Great food, great service and a great time.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a great little Mexican restaurant. It's become our go-to spot now that we live in Bay View. I haven't tried a lot on the menu, because the tacos are great and a pretty good deal. My wife has had a few other items, and everything has been pretty tasty. Nice little patio you wouldn't know was there, and its right off the hustle and bustle of KK.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is some of the most real and accessible Mexican food in the Milwaukee area. Staff was down to earth but also quick, as expected.