“Employee Morale works wonders!!”

Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Ranked #44 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The hotel ambiance was very pleasant. I would have never believed it were a Days Inn if I had not stayed there myself. The overall staff was wonderful. The front desk staff went above and beyond the call of duty. Our shuttle driver put up with our indecisiveness, and the bartender even advised us of the pleasantries of "Brady Street". Overall, we had a glorious experience in Milwaukee. One thing that I did happen to see however was overpowering, domineering management. Believe me, they won't keep employees very long with their untactful mannerisms. A member of the supervisory or maybe management staff blatently belittled one extremely hospitable front desk staff member, which I found discouraging. It's one thing to get to the root of an apparent problem, however do it with tact and out of the presence of guests! He was rude to his staff and a bit callous to an apparent guest. Needless to say, I'm glad we did not cross paths with him often. But if your in the area check it out. Good deal for the money spent!!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gwilsow
Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed June 1, 2010

Hotel has a COOL ART DECO LOOK to it on all floors and rooms - not just lobby! ... Room bathrooms were super trendy (and there were also hallway bathrooms on each floor which is helpful if staying with several people) ....

Value is good - location is ok .... Very close by car to Lakeside Brewery, North Street, & Brady Street .... only a few minutes from the other bar area's in town.... Yes it does seem a little off the beaten path BUT Milwaukee is not big city ..... the SHUTTLE VAN was key especially at night for pick-up back to hotel ... Breakfast was typicaly continental style, parking was free.... Stayed here a Brewers game and since stadium is outside of downtown anyway this was def worth the stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Stayed here after a Brewers game & high school softball game that followed. Both teams booked this hotel for a low discount rate. They ran out of double queen rooms after promising people that they'd have two beds. Many people in our group slept on the concrete floors. At 2 AM we woke up to gunshots outside the hotel on the street (we looked out the window and saw people shooting at each other out of cars.) Stay away from here if you've got kids. I will say the decor was nice and the rooms were clean. Staff was mediocre.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We went to Milwaukee for a trip to see the Dead Sea Scrolls we spent several hours looking for the perfect hotel. We had no appointment's that we settled on this one. As I said in my title this is a Days Inn in name ONLY. All staff except one were extremely friendly and helpful. We thought we were in a 5 star hotel from the staff except the one. The decor was most impressive down to the awesome non sink/bowl wash tub, which was a large art-deco wash bowl with an old fashioned style faucet. We were in a suite which had a separate but no door sitting area with a 42 inch flat tv on the wall and a pull out double sized sofa bed. In the sitting room there wasn't a table but there were four wooden tv tables which was even better then a table. There was a very nice down comforter on the bed. The microwave and refrigerator were a little bit hard to get to due to space limitations. There was only a desk chair in the bedroom area again perhaps due to space limitations. As noted above sleep quality was down a bit because of being directly above the bar area however this is not the hotels fault. Not wanting to drive in Milwaukee we opted for using the free shuttle, the ride was not smooth but was highly appreciated as they even located and took us to BlockBuster for games for our WII and movies for our dvd player. The staff also made several excellent suggestions on activities and restaurants. We strongly recommend this hotel but would caution that in order to avoid communication problems you confirm conversations between shifts. By the way breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Stayed there one night, had a very clean room with breakfast. This is a new hotel opened in Oct. 2009 with Art all over the hotel and in the rooms. Some of it for sale. Nicely priced for singles, familes or the business traveler.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Got a fabulous rate via Orbitz.com. Reviews all around seemed quite satisfied, so I felt that I was booking with confidence, especially considering the amazing price.

We stayed for two nights over a busy weekend all over Milwaukee/Madison; we really hadn't spent much time at the hotel. This being said...

- They didn't have a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign. Because of this, I figured that they made the rooms up everyday if you weren't there to decline service personally. That apparently was not correct though because...
- Our room was never made up. We left early after our first night, returned very briefly around 1pm to find our room was exactly as we had left it. We departed and then came back around 6pm... nothing. In fact, I never saw a cleaning cart or staff person in the building.
- Staff wasn't rude to us, but they definitely weren't the friendliest or most accommodating of hotel staff that I've ever encountered. Once I had to wait at the desk for a few minutes while a staffer asked the owner/manager to borrow some money. I was a bit turned off by the blatant unprofessionalism.
- Smallish parking lot.
- Generally sloppy appearance. Lots of random rooms and doors with doors ajar for no apparent reason.
+ We LOVED the room on the top floor. High ceilings with giant windows, large flat screen TV mounted to the wall, new and perfectly functioning heat/AC unit, comfy bed. Room itself was very clean, bathroom included.
+ Awesome bathrooms!!! Small, but the showerhead is fabulous and the water pressure perfect. Gorgeous sink, too. Not much counter space, however.
+ Decent selection at continental breakfast (though we ended up going out for breakfast both mornings). The breakfast area leaves something to be desired, though. It also serves as the "bar" on certain nights. It looks like a cross between a student union and an ikea outlet store.
+ PARKING IS FREE. Great location - right on the outskirts of downtown. Super easy to get to, easy freeway access, not a busy or crowded area with very minimal traffic.

Overall, I guess we got what we paid for... I've never stayed in a hotel that doesn't service the rooms thought...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank youngwheezy
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I was on a business trip to milwaukee and saw this hotel on-line with a cheap rate. I was sorely dissapointed when I was not great but the front desk. She was rude and was not poliet at all like she had something better to do. I am paying good money. I would just say to those looking for a place to stay look else where.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business