“Great value for the cost. We were here for a family...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee

Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A big group of us went up to Milwaukee for the weekend. We had 5 rooms at this hotel. The rooms were small but clean and modern. I really liked the bathroom, aside from not being able to take a warm shower all weekend. The free shuttle was great for Friday night but Saturday we called to have it pick us up on two different occasions and waited over an hour before just getting a cab. The breakfast in the morning was gross and the bar attracted some shady characters at night. This hotel is not at all good for families. This place was the cheapest hotel we found in Milwaukee... and you really get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
gmhotelofthearts, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you very much for leaving us your feedback. We appreciate hearing from all our quests, in particular our shortcomings as we continually strive to get better. We profusely apologize that you had to wait over an hour especially since our policy is that our guests will be picked up within 30 minutes of their call. To make that more feasible we have 2 shuttle vans in use during our busy times.
For our hot breakfast buffet we serve scrambled eggs. sausages, biscuits, gravy, fresh made waffles, and potatoes. in addition we also serve cereal, milk, oatmeal bagels with cream cheese and fresh fruit.
Constantine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The rooms were fine, service very good. Breakfast was very good. No pools for kids. Neighborhood is pretty rough. No place to walk to. Slot machines in lobby and it had a bar. Not family friendly but fine for adults. A lot cheaper than other hotels in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

gmhotelofthearts, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback as we are always striving to make our establishment the best it can be. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and our staff. We do offer other amenities such as a 24 hour fitness and a bar a lounge to relax after a long day in place of a pool. The neighborhood is located in an up and coming neighborhood and we are excited to be a part of the neighborhoods transformation.
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I needed to be in the area for work and this was the only hotel available. It was trying to convey a contemporary theme, but the room furnishings were fairly low end. However, the room was clean. The bed was also clean and comfortable. It took me a minute to put my finger on what was missing when I realized it had no dresser or chair for the desk. I had to pull the desk (microwave on it) up to side of the bed so I could work on my laptop. For the most part, it was quiet, but that could have been because it was a Monday evening. The room was freshened with an incense smell. It was not offensive, but not what I would have picked. When I asked the desk person why there was no dresser, I was told that only suites had them as the closet was to make up for this. My closet was no wider than a suitcase. I was told that if I became a regular customer, I could get an upgrade. I would think that a business owner would want to put their best foot forward first rather than explaining deficiencies later. The area is about 1 mile north of MATC and the arenas in downtown Milwaukee. There are no restaurants in the immediate area that I could see. It appears that the area is trying to develop. At night I was cautious when walking to and from my car, but I had no problems.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business