“Never been to Milwaukee”

Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Ranked #42 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Never been to Milwaukee”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having never been to Milwaukee I was not sure what to expect. The hotel is located close to downtown and many attractions. The street in front (6th) was never real busy either morning, late afternoon or night. A plus for out of towners trying to get around.
My room although somewhat on the small side was very, very clean. It was very modern and up to date. I had an issue the first day with the shower dripping and it was taken care of promptly. I must say that being on the south side of the first floor I got a lot of noise from the hallway that I probably would not have got if I had been farther back or on another floor. I am an early riser(5 AM), so the morning noise was not a big problem. The heating/cooling system functioned well and was not annoying.
The desk staff was friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver was very helpful with directions.
I tried the free breakfast once. It did nothing for me.
The parking lot was well lit and there appears to be several cameras watching over it. Felt my vehicle was safe being parked there.
The hotel is right across the street from a housing authority complex. There was a couple times during my stay that I felt that the hotel was overflow for the complex. That being said, everyone was friendly.
If I am back doing business in downtown Milwaukee I will probably stay here again. Overall it was convenient, easy to get to and easy to get downtown from. For me the price was right and again, my room was very, very clean.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the first floor, make sure it is more toward the North end and not on the alley...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Was planning to just have a king sized bed, asked what upgrades were available and manager offered me a whirlpool with long size bed for only $99. When he then noticed that room was taken, he upgraded me for free to a king suite!!!! (Which I was told is regularly $169!) everything was perfect! Shuttle service was friendly and reliable and breakfast was great. I have stayed here before and they just continue to amaze me! The manager will go out of his way every time! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Kuehl82
BELVIDERE
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The shuttle was very convient for getting around downtown but he appeared to be angry and drove extremly reckless. He was speeding and failing to obey any traffic control devices. He was very rude and should NOT BE DRIIVING anyone. King size bed room was very small and I complained to the manager and he stated that the hotel was sold out and it was booked on HOTWIRE.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is quit new. The rooms are a little bit small but very clean and comfortable. The area is not the best, actually you feel a little bit unprotected when you look the houses around, but nothing happened to us or our car parked at the lot. There is a free shuttle service to anywhere in downtown. You can also call the van driver and he will pick you up at any time. Just bring your tip with you! :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Milwaukee hotels
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#23 of 56 in Milwaukee
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown

Been to Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee

Property: Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Address: 1840 N 6th St, Milwaukee, WI 53212-3621
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Hotel Class:3 star — Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee