“Nice Value, Not Far From Downtown”

Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Ranked #43 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel is a nice option for cost savings vs location. Its not directly in downtown, but its not far and they offer a free shuttle into downtown up to something like 2am. I think its free within 2 or 3 miles of hotel and $5 or so after that, for example a ride to Miller Park is $5. The hotel is only 2 yrs old so its new and the employees were overall friendly. The parking is free, Wifi is included, and they offer continental breakfast with waffles. Shuttle broke down while I was there and they gave me cab fare to get down to the museum. Even if you get stuck walking its only about 20 min or so. In the end I really liked this hotel, it was new, affordable, and not too far from downtown.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was the most shocking hotel experience we ever had. We were on the first floor near the lobby and came back from dinner to find a huge crowd partying in the lobby bar. The front desk clerk was partying with the crowd and thus did not answer our calls when we called to complain. We tried several times to call, even calling the 1-800 line which could not help us. Finally, my boyfriend walked down the hall and demanded another room. We called the police because it was so loud and disturbing. The other room was on the top floor and quieter, but when checking out the next morning, another guest indicated that she believed prostitution was occurring on the floor she stayed on.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Let me start with the hotel. We had a queen bed room that was very large. Plenty of space, and a large bathroom. Since some have complained about the size of the rooms, I don't think all the rooms are the same layout. The room was very clean and had a large flat screen TV. Breakfast is fine, and parking is free of charge. Wifi worked great. The price for the area that we wanted to go to was good. I would've gave this hotel a 5 rating if it wasn't for all the problems with the shuttle service. Now I understand that you can't expect to call or ask for a ride and expect a pick-up in minutes but an 80 minute wait is unexceptable. The van dropped us off at 1:30, we called for a pick-up 3 hours later, and the girl said 30 minutes. No problem. At 40 minutes they said he will be right there, 60 minutes he's on his way, finally 80 minutes from our first call he shows up. We could've walked back 3 times, as long as that took. If they would've said, we're shuttling 40 Lia Sophia gals from a meeting, it's going to be a while we would have just walked back. But everytime he's on his way! The shuttle to dinner that night wasn't much better. I asked for 6:45 the gal said how about 7:00 it was around 7:40 before they took us. It would work a lot better if they would let you talk to the driver or let you schedule the time. My husband, son and I were waiting for the shuttle when some more Lia Sohia gals came down to the lobby, and bang they were taken away. I asked for this time when we were delayed that afternoon. Coming back it wasn't much better, we called they said 30 minutes, again 45 minutes. You see the front desk tells you 30 but they have no idea. Why not talk to the driver, so you have a straight answer. This way you're not looking like a fool standing on Humbolt Ave for an hour.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stay one Saturday night after a Brewers game, The room was very small, reminded me of a Motel 6 size room, no tub, only a shower. Exterior Hotel is run down, poor crowded parking, We had to wait for someone to leave until we could get a spot.. Asked four times for another pillow, never got one. Wireless internet did not work.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere! You get what you pay for here!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianaG201309
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This hotel has very interesting architecture. I did some research, and it is a former nursing home that was shut down for elder abuse. Some developers gutted the building and converted it into a hotel, adding a fourth floor in the process.

The room was quite small, but very clean and well appointed, with a comfortable bed, flat screen wall-mounted tv, and really cool bathroom fixtures.

On the other hand, my room was very close to the lobby, and I could hear people shouting in the lobby off-and-on all night. I also had trouble accessing the Days Inn SSIDs for the high speed internet access, but discovered the next morning that one of the other SSIDs (linksys, or something like that) did work. The front desk said at check-out that there is apparently wired internet available in the rooms as well - so if you have trouble, ask them for an ethernet cord. Also, the key card locks are somewhat temperamental, and you have to insert the card just right to get the door to open.

The "business center" was pretty bad - basically just a desktop computer in a bare room. There was also trash on the floor and overflowing trash cans in there.

If the price is right I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again, but I'm not sure that it would be my first choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We came to Milwaukee for a Brewers game, and decided on this hotel due to its proximity to everything we wanted to see. Close enough to the stadium, but also close enough to downtown.

The front desk staff was nice and helpful. Free parking in a well-lit parking lot. We had to run out to our car late at night to grab something, and had to use a hotel key to get back in the building - that made us feel pretty safe.

Beds were VERY comfy with a nice flat screen on the wall. Rooms were somewhat small, but were fine for a one night stay. The 24 hour business center was also very helpful!

Continental breakfast in the morning was adequate. Check out was a breeze. All in all, we were very happy with our stay for the price we paid!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank njacob7508
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Nice new hotel near downtown Milwaukee. It is located just north of the Bradley Center. Rooms are nice and modern looking. The purpose of our stay was to have somewhere to crash after a long night of drinking and partying downtown. This was a great place for that. They have a free shuttle van that will drop you off and pick you up in the downtown area. When we got back to the hotel at the end of the night the hotel was still very alive with people all over and also coming back from a night of partying. It was loud, which wasn't a problem for us but if I was there with a family and kids I wouldn't have been happy. The room was a good value.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends