“OK if you are stranded in the Hotel, Otherwise go Elsewhere”

Allgauer's Bistro & Pub In The Park / Northern Pints Patio
Reserve with OpenTable
Allgauer's Bistro & Pub In The Park / Northern Pints Patio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 1,556 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Good Hope Rd
Description: Allgauer's Bistro & Pub in the Park in Milwaukee offers both sophisticated dining and a comfortable sports bar atmosphere. Nightly specials like $7 Beer & Burger, $12.95 All-You-Can-Eat Fish Fry, Saturday Prime Rib Buffet and Sunday Ribs & Chicken Buffet. Outdoor patio, Northern Pints is open during favorable weather.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have tried the food here a few times before with B1G1 coupons and have not been impressed. We heard they had a Saturday night Prime Rib buffet for $15 and for $4 more you could add all you can eat crab legs. The setting was very nice, there was no wait and the food on the buffet all looked very good. Out first surprise was a place-card on the table informing us that there was a hour limit at the table. In my mind that is not a lot of time for a buffet and a relaxing cup of coffee and conversation. The salad bar was very good with a nice selection, There were 5-6 pre-made salads/slaws, the only that enticed me was the fruit salad at the end of the meal. The hot buffet had potato wedges, pasta, mashed potatoes and a veggie medley and the chef carved prime rib. I am a crab fan but I did try a little (very little) of each. The veggies looked great but were totally bland with no seasoning at all. The pasta was very good. The rest was standard buffet food. All of it was luke warm at best. My husband tried the soup and it it was very good but closer to cold than warm. We noticed that others must have said something since it was removed and warmed up later. The crab legs were a total joke. They were more like crab pieces and they did not have crackers. If we were brought 2 legs total it would be a surprise. We requested more within minutes. That was the last we saw of our server for 20 minutes. We finally asked another server and were brought a double order within 5 minutes. When our server returned mu husband asked for more. I gave up and went to get some desert. They had several bars and 1 slice of spice cake. They had signs for cheese cake bu none were in sight. When I returned to the table I hear our neighbors asking for the cheese cake and were told they ran out. Oh well. Around the time I was done my husband got his crab pieces. Thank goodness they did not enforce the hour limit because our time was up before we got the original re-order of crab. All in all nothing was really bad....but nothing was really good either. Everything was cool, they ran out of the deserts except the bars and the prime rib and crab were VERY small portions. For $20 I can find much better places to eat. It seems like others had a much better experience than we did so I guess it is a coin flip.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Tried them on a Friday night for their Fish Fry. We were using a Restaurant.com coupon.Arrived at 500PM, and seated immediately(About an hour wait by 615PM when we left). Unusual for a few reasons vs. an average Milwaukee fish fry. , Choices were breaded or battered cod, perch or walleye. Any one for 12.95. AYCE. First serving, we had cod and perch. Second serving we had more cod and walleye. All were excellent. No slices of stale rye bread, but a basket of warm rolls and soft butter. Dinner included fish, cole slaw(very good) french fries(average) and potato pancakes(excellent) All food arrived at the table hot. Dinner also included a large salad or bowl(not cup) of clam chowder. Service was quick. Every employee greeted us and smiled. Our waitress(Rebecca) was very knowledgeable. Our only problem was an automatic 20% tip added on as we used a Restaurant.com coupon. We fully understand that policy, however, we normally tip over 20% if the service was above and beyond. In this case the Restaurant doesn't get 5 stars because of this policy and the waitress made a few bucks less.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Allgauer's in the Park is the on site restaurant/bar at the Hilton Garden Inn. The setup is nice, as the bar is basically in the middle of the dining room, blocked off from the dining room. The bar itself is large and square, and great daylight shines in from above, creating a good ambiance.

Surprisingly the customer service, and overall friendly nature of the staff is completely opposite in the morning and the evenings. The breakfast staff is so friendly and attentive and pleasant, while the bartender in the evening was the slowest and most aloof I may have ever seen. She runs the entire bar and sure takes her time doing anything. Waiting over 20 min for a drink was not uncommon. I guess if she is the one getting all the tips she doesn't really care, but could definitely receive better tips if she tried to be friendlier and more attentive.

As for the food, I enjoyed both the breakfast offerings (made to order omelet was nice), also eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. The food I had for dinner was very good as well.

This option is very convenient if staying at the hotel (especially during the cold winter), and I realize in the immediate area there are very limited dining options, and this likely caused the place to be so busy when I was there.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We had originally planned to drive to a highly rated Milwaukee restaurant for dinner, but my wife had a bad cold and it was a below zero winter night so we decided to compromise and eat at Allgauer's, at our hotel. Expecting an average, at best, hotel restaurant we were very pleasantly surprised. My wife and I enjoyed a great dinner. Everything was prepared to the level of a four star restaurant. An outstanding scallop appetizer cooked to perfection, wonderful homemade chicken noodle soup (perfect for a bad cold), a great chopped salad, pork chops done to moist, tender perfection, and wonderful el dente baby carrots. Our convenience meal became a truly wonderful dining experience. If you're traveling, or a local, don't miss the opportunity to dine at Allgauer's.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very great service and food I was very impressed with the affordability.will visit again hopefully for valentines day

Travelers who viewed Allgauer's Bistro & Pub In The Park / Northern Pints Patio also viewed

Menomonee Falls, WI
Menomonee Falls, WI

Been to Allgauer's Bistro & Pub In The Park / Northern Pints Patio? Share your experiences!