“AJ Burger”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Fun. With a side of P-nuts, Burgers and Beer! It's Rube Goldberg meets Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory. Except Rube is into P-nuts and Willy Wonka is into crazy Cheeseburgers. And both are very happy about it. It's just as fun to hang here with your friends or bring the kids for a fun family meal. Order for takeout or delivery on our website, and we can bring the fun to you! By the way, our Milwaukee Burger was declared Winner of the Travel Channel's FOOD WARS. No need for reservations here, just walk-in and have some fun. If there's a wait for a table grab a beverage and some p-nuts and scope out your favorite table. The p-nut delivery system is just the start of the fun, so get in here and grub!
Reviewed January 25, 2014

One of our favorite local places for a good burger. The AJ Burger is my fav esp on the pretzel bun. The staff is always friendly and the atmosphere is fun.

There are newer reviews for AJ Bombers

Reviewed January 7, 2014

There was a long wait but were accommodated at the bar quickly. The bartender was a great server. She made it comfortable to eat at the bar but also provided the nice bar chat you expect from a good bartender.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

P-Nuts, Burgers & Beer!
The burger I love most in the Bomber Burger! A burger topped with a crispy fried portobello mushroom stuffed with WI Cheddar and Muenster cheese! Add bacon and you are in heaven!
No beers of Tap but god selection of bottles. And unlimited Peanut Bombs!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We recently tried AJ Bombers on the advice of so many awesome reviews online. I grew up in Milwaukee but have lived about an hour north for the last 15 years, so anytime I get to return to my hometown and eat somewhere new is a treat. We had heard the burgers were outstanding and the atmosphere was awesome. I ended up loving the atmosphere but found the burgers were good, but nothing special. We started out with an order of cheese curds and frickles. The frickles were terrific. They were pickles sliced the wrong way breaded and fried to a golden crisp. Outstanding! I am a fan of cheese curds but honestly wasn't impressed with these. They were lightly breaded and fried, but lacked flavor. Everything is ala carte, so next we ordered our burgers and sides. I di a build-a-burger with cheese, bacon, advocado and jalepenos. It was good but was warm, not hot, when it came to the table. I chose shredded onion rings as my side and they were good but a little bit greasy. My husband and friends ordered the burger with the fried portabella mushroom on top. They all said it was good. The waitress was great and loved the peanut delivery system to the tables. By the time we left there was a wait, so popular place. I'd recommend it for the experience.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went to AJ Bombers on a recent trip to Milwaukee with my MOM and we had a blast! A friend saw it featured on Food Network and recommended it. It's a really unusual and fun restaurant close to downtown. We easily parked on the street and had a table within 20 minutes. The atmosphere is "gritty" by design, but by no means dirty. The waitstaff was really nice, and the peanuts on the pulleys were a lot of fun. We had burgers and fried pickles and they were great. I would tell anyone visiting Milwaukee to go by there. So much fun!!

Been to AJ Bombers? Share your experiences!