“Great experience, limited menu”

Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 1,504 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Cross street: 6th Street
Description: The quintessential experience in Rustic-American cuisine. From individual dining to groups of all sizes - lose yourself in the comfort of the finely appointed dining room, the warm and friendly service, and the beautiful Iron Horse Hotel.
Hartford, Wisconsin
“Great experience, limited menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

After hearing all good things about Smyth in the Iron Horse Hotel, I was anxious for my first visit. While the ambience and service are great - especially if you enjoy the motorcycle motif surroundings - the limited menu can be a little off-putting for those of us accustomed to fuller menus. Food allergies can limit the choices even more, which may be something that hasn't yet occurred to Smyth management. That said, the meals were freshly made, beautifully presented and delicious. The wine list is also limited, but chock-full of interesting choices.

Despite the laid-back surroundings, Smyth is fine dining, so be prepared to pay a little more than the average Milwaukee dinner.

1 Thank Maripat B

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best Calamari I've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I took my boyfriend here to celebrate a promotion and had just the most delightful meal. We are big calamari fans so we order it often. I have to say I haven't had better calamari anywhere. Both of our meals were excellent and the service was impeccable. It's a little on the pricier end, but well worth the money for a celebratory meal.

• Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, drinks, and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

This place is really cool looking. Old building but newly finished lobby and restaurant. GrreT service from everyone. New menu so the waiter hadn't tried everything yet and wasn't that helpful when I couldn't decide what to get for dinner. We started with the meat plate appetizer. They bring bread and butter to the table; the bread was good and the butter was soft and sweet. I had the pork chop and my wife had the lamb. The pork chop was great. Huge and served with chunks off wonderful bacon and some good greens that could have used some tang. The lamb was super flavorful. The server warned that it was a fatty piece of meat and it was but once you cut through the huge wads of fat the lamb inside was perfect. We got the chocolate pudding with cherries and almonds for dessert. It was awesome

I would come back here again and again

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Just okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Four of us ate lunch there yesterday- the cost was a little over $100.00 for 4 sandwiches, 1 appetizer, 3 waters and 1 cup of tea. The food was just ok, mediocre in every way except the appetizer plate of vegies & cottage cheese, which was good in taste and presentation. We all agreed we wouldn't eat there again, even if the food were half the price. Ambience was nice.

1 Thank Karen672
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I had brunch here while staying at the hotel. It was excellent! You probably won't find better food in all of Milwaukee. I wish I could tell you what we ate, but I can tell you that it's a great place to go and not at all what you would expect in this town. The Iron Hotel and Smyth would fit in just as well in Los Angeles or in New York, only they would be 3X the price. This restaurant is a real gem. Definitely go there.

Visited April 2014