“Best Calamari I've ever had.”

Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Smyth In The Iron Horse Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,543 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Cross street: 6th Street
Description: The quintessential experience in Rustic-American cuisine. From individual dining to groups of all sizes - lose yourself in the comfort of the finely appointed dining room, the warm and friendly service, and the beautiful Iron Horse Hotel.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I took my boyfriend here to celebrate a promotion and had just the most delightful meal. We are big calamari fans so we order it often. I have to say I haven't had better calamari anywhere. Both of our meals were excellent and the service was impeccable. It's a little on the pricier end, but well worth the money for a celebratory meal.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This place is really cool looking. Old building but newly finished lobby and restaurant. GrreT service from everyone. New menu so the waiter hadn't tried everything yet and wasn't that helpful when I couldn't decide what to get for dinner. We started with the meat plate appetizer. They bring bread and butter to the table; the bread was good and the butter was soft and sweet. I had the pork chop and my wife had the lamb. The pork chop was great. Huge and served with chunks off wonderful bacon and some good greens that could have used some tang. The lamb was super flavorful. The server warned that it was a fatty piece of meat and it was but once you cut through the huge wads of fat the lamb inside was perfect. We got the chocolate pudding with cherries and almonds for dessert. It was awesome

I would come back here again and again

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Four of us ate lunch there yesterday- the cost was a little over $100.00 for 4 sandwiches, 1 appetizer, 3 waters and 1 cup of tea. The food was just ok, mediocre in every way except the appetizer plate of vegies & cottage cheese, which was good in taste and presentation. We all agreed we wouldn't eat there again, even if the food were half the price. Ambience was nice.

1  Thank Karen672
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I had brunch here while staying at the hotel. It was excellent! You probably won't find better food in all of Milwaukee. I wish I could tell you what we ate, but I can tell you that it's a great place to go and not at all what you would expect in this town. The Iron Hotel and Smyth would fit in just as well in Los Angeles or in New York, only they would be 3X the price. This restaurant is a real gem. Definitely go there.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Warm, interesting and tasteful ambiance add to the very good food and great service. Love the hotel and Smyth!