“Stay as far away”

The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel
Ranked #52 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I took this off a park sleep and fly, I was traveling solo to visit my son and asked for a upstairs room because I was a little frighten as a women to be on a first floor room alone! Well not only was I given a first floor room I was given one next to an exterior door with the lock drilled out so anyone could enter! I was extremely tired from traveling so I hit the hay early and at 11:30 was woken up to people pounding on my door! There was only a dead boldt no other safety device so I threw all my luggage in front of the door and called the front desk! After several attempts for an answer he said he would review the tapes! I finally fell back a sleep only to wake up to use the bathroom that was loaded with ants Yikes in the middle of winter! I went to the front desk after taking a picture with my phone and he handed me a can of raid! Really?? It had a smidge in it but did kill the ants! I waited for the owner to show up and spoke to him about giving me my night free! His comment was " it's inly ants" mine was " I don't care if it's lady bugs I didn't sign up for optional guests" I then told him with the lack of security I didn't feel safe leaving my car and demanded a refund I would rather pay airport parking !! At that time there was a contractor checking out as we walked the hall together he told me the 2 weeks he had been there he saw roaches, rats among other creatures! I immediately called Milwaukee health they came over! Not sure what happened after that but I can assure you this hotel is a disaster! I also phoned choice hotels corporate offices and told them this franchise was ruining their reputation as well' ! It is not fit for humans pay the extra 10.00 and stay elsewhere

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
EconoLodgeMilwaukee, Guest Relations Manager at The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.
We hope you will choose our Hotel again.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here since we were flying out in the morning. It is used as Park and Fly and that is exactly what is was. The front desk man was helpful and friendly and he got us into our room very quick. The room was clean enough and bed sheets were Ok, bathroom-clean, space was good, and then we started to get ready for bed. There was alot of talking outside our door, but we thought that would die down as it got closer to midnight. But to our chagrin, it did not quite down. We seemed to just get use to the talking and finally fell asleep, when around 3:00am, doors starting slamming and people started yelling down the hall at each other. It continued for about a hour and a half. Thus....Park and Fly. I'm just not sure why the front desk man didn't tell these people that there are others in the motel sleeping. Aaarrrrg!
Needless to say, I think we finally got to sleep around 4:00, only to get up at 6:00am to take the shuttle at 7:00am to the airport. The Shuttle worked well and fast, but we missed out on the sleep part of the experience.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the front desk...maybe that was the problem. Except that the loud talking wa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. It is so nice to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable with the clean and comfy bed rooms we have. It sounds perfect that the location worked best for you, the parking lot was an advantage.. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Thank you!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed one night and used the parking for our three week trip to Hawaii. Room was fine and the front desk person was great. It was a good value for us since the flight was cheaper than Dane county airport and the parking was basically free (small, very reasonable fee for parking over 2 weeks.) so no paying for airport parking. Would definitely use it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Slip213

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. It sounds perfect that the location worked best for you. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was hands-down the worst we've ever stayed in. I booked it online, after researching something close to the Milwaukee airport that had good reviews on Booking.com. Even though we arrived late at night after a long day of travel with our 6-month old baby, it took over half an hour for the front desk person to check us in. I had booked our reservation a month in advance, but the hotel had cancelled it. They said they tried to call us, but we never received a call from them, or an email. So we paid nearly twice as much for a room with only one bed - although I had specifically reserved a room with two beds because we were traveling with our baby. I would have had her sleep on the couch, but it was streaked with dried dark substance (blood?) and I didn't trust it. When I asked the front desk person for a clean sheet to put our baby on, he couldn't go get one until his shift release - at 1 AM!!! Try traveling all day with a 6-month old and being put in a room right next to the check-in counter (where people - some druggies - were coming in off the streets to smoke and use the phone from 1-3 AM), where the breakfast buffet (that started being prepped at 2 AM and served at 4 AM) was literally 4 inches away, on the other side of our headboard, and where someone above us was jumping/running/banging nonstop from 11 PM-3 AM --- yep, that makes for a night with NO SLEEP. Not only was our room NOISY, but it was disgustingly dirty. We didn't trust any surface and were reluctant to take off our shoes or put any of our belongings down. There were hairs and boogers in the sheets, dark spots on the towels, and mold in the shower. "Breakfast" was stale donuts and gritty coffee, but since I didn't sleep all night I wasn't hungry anyway.
This hotel experience was a nightmare. Take it from someone who has traveled widely and stayed in all manner of accommodations: STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property.
I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our Hotel.
Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures.
My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel.
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel.
We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies.
We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review.
Thank you very much for your business.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

On the positive side:
- most of the staff was friendly (except for the morning desk guy - he wasn't too helpful)
- if you have a car - it's a nice jumping off location for exploring Milwaukee (close to 94; easy to get downtown or to ball park)
- Wifi
- Plenty of parking
- price... not bad. but there are many options in this area. Would be worth checking other locations before you book here.

Negatives:
- In need of renovation (shower knob spins all the way around. 90% of that spin will get you cold water. Jackpot when you find the knob position that gets you warm water)
- 'Breakfast' was bread, english muffins, muffins, dry cereal, juice & coffee.
- Giant wet spot on floor in my room
- Housekeeping - very nice ladies - but I didn't want to see them at 9a in the morning.
- No "Do not disturb" placard for door. (the not-helpful morning desk guy tells me they have DND cards at the front desk - ignoring my suggestion that it would be better to make sure rooms have DND cards)
- No ironing board in room
- Extra charge for room with fridge & microwave
- alarm clock radio went off at random hours (probably explains why it was unplugged when I got there.)
- Security could be better. The neighborhood doesn't seem to be bad - but the locks on the windows aren't very substantial. Also, you need your key card to get in - but that's kind of a moot point since the hallway window was left open all night. (Ground floor window on back side of the hotel - nothing to stop someone from coming in thru the window)

Room Tip: - No elevators in this hotel. If you have a lot of luggage, ask for 1st floor room. - Ask for a ro...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. We are committed to delivering the the highest level of service to our guests, your feedback will help us correct and improve our services to better achieve our primary goal.
We know you have a choice when you travel and appreciate you choosing our hotel.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is average at best. It's in desperate need for renovations! You can hear/feel the hallway floors give and creak as you walk to and fro your room! The 1st floor halls (where the smoking rooms are) smell just awful. The best thing about this place is the shower...which is not saying a whole lot.

Finally, the breakfast...which it should be a crime for these people to call that crap breakfast...I've stayed at my share of Choice brand hotels...all of which supposedly offer free breakfast...but this place...OMG...all they serve is bread. Specifically, English Muffins, Banana Nut Muffins and Toast with Apple or Orange juice and water. That's it! I heard a few murmurs that they had donuts the day before I arrived. Again...BREAD! LOL! If you don't care about the breakfast or being located to anything worth visiting other than a Burlington Coat Factory, I recommend this place. Otherwise, PLEASE look somewhere else! There are plenty of other nice hotels in the area. Don't fall for the okeydokey because their rates are cheap.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QueenQ79

We hope you will choose our Hotel again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the grossest hotel I've ever been in. I pulled back the bed spread to sit on the sheets and there were numerous disgusting (pubic-looking) hairs on the sheets. We had the maid change the sheets and the new ones were so stained that I could not decide which side of the bed was less offensive. Yes, it's cheap at $50 a night. But please, take my advice, spend an extra $30 per night and go to the Super 8. Or sleep on the street, it's cleaner.

Room Tip: room 235 is slightly better than 234.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family