“Inexpensive Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
VA
“Inexpensive Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

For an Econolodge it's pretty decent. Only real complaint was very hard bed. While I had a car, I took the bus downtown to have some German food. Breakfast is very limited but that is the story with most Econolodges. One of the front desk folks was less than helpful but others were OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oceanside, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Came to Milwaukee to do some sightseeing and catch a brewers game this hotel is right off the parkway and a quick drive from downtown.

The man behind the front desk was a little rude when I arrived he asked what I wanted with out turning around.. I asked if I can check in and he replied "I don't know can you?" My reservation was incorrect but he fixed with a little huffing and puffing.

Stayed on second floor, room was small but pretty much clean didnt have an issue really with anything. I was only in Milwaukee for one day so I really only spent an hour after check in and the time we slept in the room.

I'd probably stay there again because its cheap and convenient and didnt really have any issues with our stay.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Like many other travelers, I chose this motel because I had an early morning flight, lots of luggage, and didn't want to mess with traffic detours and construction at 5:00 AM. The Sleep/Park/Fly package was a great value. The room was very clean and had everything I needed for just a quick overnight stay. Front desk staff were very courteous and friendly. I got my wake-up call when I asked for it.
When I made my reservation, I didn't even realize that breakfast was included, but that was a very welcome perc. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it would be great if the owners would put in one of those make-it-yourself waffle machines...
My shuttle was delayed about 15 minutes by a family with a young child. I appreciate that it's difficult to travel with young kids, and I know this wasn't really under the control of the motel -- but sometimes it can be important to stick to a schedule. It's lucky that I had allowed some extra time to get to the airport.
I will certainly stay at this motel again if I have an early flight or am looking for safe, inexpensive airport parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge Airport Hotel in Milwaukee for one night. We had an early flight to catch and did not want to have our ride get up super early to drive us. We arrived and check in was quick and friendly. We arrived around dinner time and was looking for a place to eat as they did not have any restaurants on site. We walked about three blocks from the hotel and went to a restaurant on the other side of the street (at the lighted cross walk), it was reasonably priced (forgot the name, sorry). The room was average. It was basically all we needed for one night. We did get wi-fi in the room. Hotel could use some upgrades but overall if it is for one or two nights I would recommend this hotel as it was fairly cheap compared to the hotels in the area. They had a shuttle to the airport that started running at 4am - midnight. They also had a continental breakfast but it didn't start until 4 am so we didn't get a chance to eat there as we had to leave at 4 am. Check out with quick and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Horicon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here so we could catch a 0600 flight out of MKE. Check-in dude was friendly and took all of three minutes. We arranged for a wake-up call and a shuttle to the airport. The room was clean and everything worked. Got the call at 0400, went to the lobby and had some coffee, (they also had rolls, cereal and juice) and by the time the empty cup hit the table the shuttle was waiting with our bags already loaded and ready to go. Ten minutes later we were checking in for our flight.

Pretty much top notch service for about half a yard, which is hard to find these days.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PowerThrough
Palm Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Although I stayed only for the night so I can catch the earliest flight out of Milwaukee airport, I got up to take a shower and was not able to operate your shower faucet, the water stayed very cold and could not operate it. I had to sponge bath which I would have preferred to have a shower to refresh & wake up. Otherwise the personnel were very nice & accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brillion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We chose to stay at The Econo Lodge because the rate was reasonable and we were flying out very early in the a.m. We wanted to leave our car there while we were gone. For an over night stay to catch a plane it was okay. The man at the front desk was courteous and friendly. The rooms are clean. We used the shuttle service and had to leave by 4 a.m. The continental breakfast began at 3:30, so we were able to have coffee, juice, bagels etc. That was very nice so early in the a.m. The shuttle driver was prompt and very friendly on the way to the airport. We called the shuttle when our plane landed and again, the driver was prompt and very friendly. He drove us to our car and ask if we needed help loading our suitcases into our car. I was nervous as the reviews were mixed, but our experience was positive. The cost was very reasonable for a overnight stay and leaving our car in their parking lot worked well for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marilyn B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Days Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
#29 of 55 in Milwaukee
3.5 of 5 stars 357 reviews
MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Airport / Oak Creek

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!