“I found and killed, bed bugs from my room 153, found a roach,. The manger moved me& my fiencee 2 a room147, we got bites fro”

The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel
Ranked #50 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Poor , hotel, me and my fiencee were treated poorly like a bunch of wild animals!!! I'd never come back again!!! I had no choice cuz I have no where 2 live yet!!!! So we do our own cleaning, and replace everything!!!!! 2 much security, its like prison except 4 the bars in the rooms!!!! They didn't even throw away the child, or the beds, or even the table chair 4 ur desk. All they do is package seal the bottom of the door and don't care 2 hear anything u tell them!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 18, 2012

A friend and I stayed here since we had an early morning flight from Milwaukee. I was pleasantly surprised at the updated room, especially the bathroom. Front desk staff was cordial. My only complaint was the shuttle driver who called us 15 minutes early and asked if we were ready to go (we were not -- it was 4:45am). We had hoped to grab a muffin and cup of coffee on our way out and we were glad that breakfast started at 4am. When we arrived in the lobby the driver told us we couldn't eat or drink in the shuttle so not to stop for anything. She rushed us to the shuttle. We were too stunned (and tired) to tell her we just wanted something to eat at the airport before our flight. Must admit we had the same driver on the way back and she was much more pleasant than she had been a week earlier. Paid $80 -- worth it for the room and to leave the car there for a week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank susiem0619
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at Econolodge Milwaukee Airport because we had an exceptionally early departure at MKE. The primary reason that we stayed there was that they offer a special rate that includes parking while you fly. I believe it was $30 more than the rate we were quoted for the room originally, but given that two weeks long-term parking at the airport would have cost over $100, this was a no brainer. The shuttle driver was very courteous. The shuttle was the only feature of the hotel that I liked. The gentleman at the front desk was scatterbrained and incomprehensible. When I called the hotel upon our return he misunderstood me and did not send the shuttle until I called a second time, delaying us by at least 20 minutes. The rooms were typical (poor) for the cost and price range, but given that we were staying less than 5 hours, I didn't want to pay for a more expensive hotel. I think the most disturbing thing about the hotel was that as I was putting our bags in our car at 3:30AM, I discovered that the security on the exterior doors was inoperative, so you could open any door to the hotel in the middle of the night. If I were to need to fly out of MKE again, I would see if other hotels had a similar parking arrangement.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The service was good in the maintenance was good. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The tv although the older style had ample channel selections. Located in an area by the airport with a bunch of other names hotels. They offer shuttle service although I didn't use it nor did I sample their meager breakfast. Overall it gets an I would stay again vote.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank gkinaz
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here on July 23rd for 1 night because we had early flight out of Milwaukee. Blood on the light switch in bathroom, wad of gum stuck to shower stall wall, and when my husband pulled down the comforter, it was all full of gross stains. We left the "hotel" before 2:30am because we were so grossed out. Never in a million years would I recommend this place!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tfish2016
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Good value for one night stuck at the airport. I paid $50 including tax reserving on the same day through expedia. Good free shuttle service to Mitchell Airport 24 hours. Good service.
Be aware that the breakfast is from 4-9am

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
WIsconsin
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I booked this hotel to stay for Summerfest. The one good thing was they let us check in an hour early. I booked a king room with a microwave and fridge. The room had neither of these things. When I went into the bathroom there was a dirty bath towel hanging on the back of the door. In the morning I called the desk because the room didn't have a hair dryer, it had the thing hanging on the wall but the dryer was missing. The front desk clerk huffed and puffed at me on the phone and then put me on hold for a long time before coming back to tell me he would try to find one. I didn't bring my own because each room was supposed to have one. My husband went to ask for one at the front desk and the clerk gave him a key to a dirty room where someone had just checked out and he told my husband to have me go in that room to get ready. My husband went into the dirty room and brought me the hair dryer which did not work. He went back to the front desk where the clerk was again rude, but he told my husband he would get the maintenance guy to find me one. After a few minutes he did bring me a dryer and told my husband I needed to bring it back to front desk when I was done using it.
Our room also had a coffee maker base but no pot to make coffee. I was very disappointed in this stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank petuniamilz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#52 of 56 in Milwaukee
Rodeway Inn & Suites Milwaukee
Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport
Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Been to The Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!