“Awesome!”

Glorioso's Italian Market
Ranked #1 of 1,520 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Glorioso’s Italian Market is a family-owned business located on Brady Street since 1946. Purveyors of old-world Italian specialties in the heart of Milwaukee's East Side. Fresh, handmade sausages, mouthwatering deli creations and piping hot pizza are just a few of our specialties. Browse our aisles of cheese, wine and pasta. Linger over the amazing selection of olive oils, fresh and frozen pastas, and delicious bakery creations. With a vast array of olives, cheeses, wines, imported meats and delectable sandwiches, along with pastries, cookies, and gelato, Glorioso’s is the perfect stop for a great meal.Glorioso’s has been tantalizing the public’s taste buds with rare Mediterranean treats for over 6 decades. Upon stepping over the threshold, you can see that, four generations later, this is one store that has kept its old world charm. As you walk through the store, you will see family photos scattered throughout. If you stay long enough, you’re bound to run into Joe, Ted or Eddie, the founding brothers, ready to fill you in on the history behind each photograph: from pictures when they got out of the service in WWII, to the first truck they bought for the store, to the TV commercials that feature cameos of two more family members.But if the looks alone aren’t enough, just inhale deeply and you will catch the aroma of one of the many secret family recipes wafting from the back deli. It could be Nonno Felice’s sausage recipe, made fresh daily. Or it could be the house marinara sauce simmering on the stove. Or the Trio’s pizza baking to perfection in the oven.Glorioso’s won the award for Small Business of the Year in 2007, and has had numerous articles written about us in the Milwaukee Journal and the Shepherd Express. We won “Milwaukee’s Best Deli - 2011" from OnMilwaukee and our new store has received several awards for its innovative design. Bring the family over, we'd love to meet you!
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I've only been here once, but there wasn't a single thing I didn't like about this place! If you love Italian food, this is a must.

• Visited April 2013

Minnesota
“Enjoyed this place!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I did not eat on the premises but purchased some of the spaghetti sauces (bolognese and others) which are offered fresh in the deli or in jars. As we had hours of driving ahead of us, we opted for the jar version, hoping they would be as good. Wow, loved that bolognese. Included in the ingredients are beef and italian sausage, contributing to the very bright flavor. This would be my favorite go-to sauce if I lived closer. I am considering ordering some to be shipped. We also purchased a bunch of different pasta shapes so we could try them vs. the boring creamette kind we get at our local grocery stores. The sandwich bar was extremely busy, lines of customers waiting, and the offerings in their case looked phenomenal, including deep pizzas and a huge variety of salads. We were there at a time between meals so we were unable to sample. Now we know about this little gem, we will return next time we are in town!

“The Best!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I used to go here when I was a kid with my parents for pepperoni, fresh provolone, Italian nread, olives and most importantly Cannolli's!! Went back and it's bigger no doubt but the quality is just as amazing!!

Naples, Florida
“Excellent Market and Food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was here in early June 2013. The market was amazing and the deli and hot food they prepared there was very delicious. I even purchased some pasta to take home in mu luggage!

• Visited June 2013
St Paul
“I Wish I Was Italian”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Milwaukee is, and always will be, my hometown. I moved to the Twin Cities over 30 years ago but I still crave Milwaukee, particularly downtown and the east side. Visiting Brady Street is always a "must" when I'm in town, and the new Glorioso's Market is wonderful. It reminds me of Eataly in New York City, only on a much smaller and more manageable scale. My college-aged sons and I had so much fun eating our way through the place: Salads. Cheeses. Flatbreads. Paninis. Gelato. Espresso. And a few boxes of gorgeous Italian cookies to go for giving away and eating. (Mostly eating.) We spent a couple of hours here relaxing on a hot afternoon. It was great.

1 Thank StPaulKerry