“Enjoyed this place!”

Glorioso's Italian Market
Ranked #1 of 1,577 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Glorioso’s Italian Market is a family-owned business located on Brady Street since 1946. Purveyors of old-world Italian specialties in the heart of Milwaukee's East Side. Fresh, handmade sausages, mouthwatering deli creations and piping hot pizza are just a few of our specialties. Browse our aisles of cheese, wine and pasta. Linger over the amazing selection of olive oils, fresh and frozen pastas, and delicious bakery creations. With a vast array of olives, cheeses, wines, imported meats and delectable sandwiches, along with pastries, cookies, and gelato, Glorioso’s is the perfect stop for a great meal.Glorioso’s has been tantalizing the public’s taste buds with rare Mediterranean treats for over 6 decades. Upon stepping over the threshold, you can see that, four generations later, this is one store that has kept its old world charm. As you walk through the store, you will see family photos scattered throughout. If you stay long enough, you’re bound to run into Joe, Ted or Eddie, the founding brothers, ready to fill you in on the history behind each photograph: from pictures when they got out of the service in WWII, to the first truck they bought for the store, to the TV commercials that feature cameos of two more family members.But if the looks alone aren’t enough, just inhale deeply and you will catch the aroma of one of the many secret family recipes wafting from the back deli. It could be Nonno Felice’s sausage recipe, made fresh daily. Or it could be the house marinara sauce simmering on the stove. Or the Trio’s pizza baking to perfection in the oven.Glorioso’s won the award for Small Business of the Year in 2007, and has had numerous articles written about us in the Milwaukee Journal and the Shepherd Express. We won “Milwaukee’s Best Deli - 2011" from OnMilwaukee and our new store has received several awards for its innovative design. Bring the family over, we'd love to meet you!
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I did not eat on the premises but purchased some of the spaghetti sauces (bolognese and others) which are offered fresh in the deli or in jars. As we had hours of driving ahead of us, we opted for the jar version, hoping they would be as good. Wow, loved that bolognese. Included in the ingredients are beef and italian sausage, contributing to the very bright flavor. This would be my favorite go-to sauce if I lived closer. I am considering ordering some to be shipped. We also purchased a bunch of different pasta shapes so we could try them vs. the boring creamette kind we get at our local grocery stores. The sandwich bar was extremely busy, lines of customers waiting, and the offerings in their case looked phenomenal, including deep pizzas and a huge variety of salads. We were there at a time between meals so we were unable to sample. Now we know about this little gem, we will return next time we are in town!

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I used to go here when I was a kid with my parents for pepperoni, fresh provolone, Italian nread, olives and most importantly Cannolli's!! Went back and it's bigger no doubt but the quality is just as amazing!!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was here in early June 2013. The market was amazing and the deli and hot food they prepared there was very delicious. I even purchased some pasta to take home in mu luggage!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Milwaukee is, and always will be, my hometown. I moved to the Twin Cities over 30 years ago but I still crave Milwaukee, particularly downtown and the east side. Visiting Brady Street is always a "must" when I'm in town, and the new Glorioso's Market is wonderful. It reminds me of Eataly in New York City, only on a much smaller and more manageable scale. My college-aged sons and I had so much fun eating our way through the place: Salads. Cheeses. Flatbreads. Paninis. Gelato. Espresso. And a few boxes of gorgeous Italian cookies to go for giving away and eating. (Mostly eating.) We spent a couple of hours here relaxing on a hot afternoon. It was great.

1  Thank StPaulKerry
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I finally got to Glorioso's this past weekend. My husband took me. Grazie, grazie mille.

You're getting a restaurant review out of this as well. My favorite Italian restaurant in Del Mar CA was Il Fornaio. I got hooked on a calzone with mozz, gorgonzola dolce, basil and pignoli. I have their cookbook and Glorioso's had 00 flour so I made two the other day.

No, they weren't restaurant picture perfect but the dough was thin and there was plenty of filling.

My rating is of MY restaurant but I made a pizza out of the same ingredients with my usual flour mix of 2/3 unbleached white flour and 1/3 whole wheat flour and it was good. I didn't have any onions or scallions, but did buy some gorgeous ripe Cerignola olives at Glorioso's the other day. I drained them, mixed them with fresh oregano, thyme, garlic and crushed pepper and topped them with olive oil to marinate. I pitted and cut a few of them to strew atop my pizza. Yes, after the olives are gone I use the oil. Nothing goes to waste here.

I do believe Glorioso's has dining somewhere, perhaps a patio. I will do this review of a long-revered restaurant where I got the idea of getting 00 flour and gorgonzola dolce and making a version of their calzones, Il Fornaio in Del Mar CA.

btw, I was forced to say I visited Il Fornaio within the past year. In fact, I visited Glorioso's and made Il Fornaio's calzones this past weekend. Some of us have taste memories we want to re-create. Sorry if I messed up your algo's, TripAdvisor.