New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
San Francisco, CA
“Here for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were here for business and were also renting a conference room from the facility.

The staff managing the conference facilities were great. We had a lot of requests and were probably irritating them. They smiled anyway and helped us in every way. The pricing was also reasonable compared to other conference facilities.

The lobby was lovely and clearly had been redone recently. Staff were fairly friendly there, too.

All in all a nice place. Frankly, for Milwaukee (see my other review of the Ramada), this was a step up from the rest.

• 5 of 5 stars
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the service provided. Glad to hear you had a successful business meeting at our hotel. I am glad to hear the Manager of your event did a great job. We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you host another meeting in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kew, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am a business traveller and had the misfortune of staying at this hotel.

Positives:
+ Free internet with decent speeds.

Negatives:
- Very expensive( I paid ~250 USD per night)
- no continental breakfast available
- No minibar!
- No letter pads/envelops in the room
- No minimum cutlery(spoons/fork/knife)
- Water cooker that takes about 1 hour to WARM half a liter of water, forget about boiling water for a cup of coffee or tea
- Expensive parking and is a 3 minute walk away from the hotel
- Old rooms
- Very ordinary service/desire to address some of my basic concerns mentioned above.

For a hotel that charges the kind of money it does, this hotel is an absolute disgrace.Avoid staying here unless you want to experience misery.I would have expected the hotel staff to address at least some of the basic issues, but the seemed not really interested.

Stay at the brand new Marriott, that is just a 10 minute walk away.

Best
Dee

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your response to your stay. I am not sure if you are familiar with the Courtyard Brand. Many of the comments regarding services or items not met, we do not offer. I can understand how we did not meet your expectation based upon your note. We did recently completed a rooms renovation within the past 6 months. Sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My stay here was ok - not fantastic. This hotel is dated and can do with a renovation. I think part of the problem was that we went to this hotel after the Trump, so it was lacking in more ways than one. The staff was courteous, the hotel clean enough, but the ambiance just was not there. It was just a hotel room; no frills. We were supposedly in downtown Milwaukee, but you could not tell by the bare roads.

• 4 of 5 stars
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I understand if we might not match up with a Trump Hotel, but from a service perspective, we do have high expectations and glad our service was courteous and the hotel clean. Comparing the two might be a little tough based upon the outlets activities. Sorry you did not feel like the ambiance was not what you expected. We have made many changes from a new lobby and guest rooms renovated in the past 3-4 months. We appreciate your comments.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a very nice stay this weekend. Very helpful front desk staff and valet team. They were all helpful. The room was comfortable and clean, Convenient downtown location. My only issue is the wifi was flaky and although open, hard to connect to. I wish they would upgrade it. Otherwise great place.

Stayed June 2014
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am glad you found the hotel enjoyable the service at the front desk along with the location. I am sorry about the wifi internet connection was not easy to connect too. If you can email me regarding the specific issues connecting or maintaining a connection, I can better research the issue. Thank you for staying with us!! I look forward to hearing from you. cy.mkedt.gm@marriott.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to go see the heat vs bucks and it was located perfectly for that walking distance..the hotel room was massive and the bed was comfortable especially as we were resting hangovers from the night before...we found the staff to be friendly and wifi in room was good as well...the hotel is right next to a mall which is awesome as there were plenty of food options and a few cool novelty shops to have a browse in...we got a really good deal booking 6 months in advance so it was really good value for the quality of room we got....

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the location to the downtown area to get to the Bucks Game. Hopefully, with the many changes the Bucks have had this year, you will come and visit us next season.
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Check in was smooth and without a smile from the front desk associate. Room was clean and pretty standart for the Courtyard, no fridge/cooler in the room. Pretty much everything in walking distance closes around 9PM; I would not recommend walking on the streets after 9 - get a bit "hairy" around the block, people screaming, fighting, rudely asking for money, etc. Booked throught Priceline where it specifically stated 3* / free parking, well get ready to shell out $18 per night - not happy with that. Pool is very small and busy.

"Pay as you go" breakfast operated by two ladies who gave me a look of disgust when I didn't write in "tip" section after grabbing snacks from the shelve and paying - they didn't even respond to my "thank you." If your room is faceing the back of the building get ready to start your day around 5 - that's the time garbage truck comes in and loads ALL of the containers you can see on the picture. If you like awkard and overpriced places, this one if for you. Will not return, period.

1 Thank boonen09
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am very about my staff service from the Bistro to the check in process. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It sounds like I need to followup with Priceline regarding parking. We have a few options for self parking.

$18 for self parking
$20/23 for valet weekend/weeday

It appears this information may not be getting to the customer when purchasing a room at our hotel. The hotel parking rates are on the lower end of the scale to other hotels in the Market.

I will also be following up with our Waste Management company regarding early pickups. They are not supposed to come to the property until 7am or later.

Thank you again for your comments. I will work to get these corrected.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Good price and quality for a family stay. Convenient downtown location. The room was average size, we had a king and sofa sleeper for our kids. We asked to get a mini fridge for our room because it didn't have one and we have special dietary needs and travel with our own food. They brought one to our room within a few minutes of our checkin. The pool is small but wasn't crowded so our kids enjoyed it. We liked the food bar for breakfast, bought fresh fruit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. Glad to hear you liked the price and quality of the hotel, the pool as well as the Bistro. We hope you will stay with us again when you visit Milwaukee!!