“Enjoyable ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Enjoyable ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a very nice stay this weekend. Very helpful front desk staff and valet team. They were all helpful. The room was comfortable and clean, Convenient downtown location. My only issue is the wifi was flaky and although open, hard to connect to. I wish they would upgrade it. Otherwise great place.

Stayed June 2014
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am glad you found the hotel enjoyable the service at the front desk along with the location. I am sorry about the wifi internet connection was not easy to connect too. If you can email me regarding the specific issues connecting or maintaining a connection, I can better research the issue. Thank you for staying with us!! I look forward to hearing from you. cy.mkedt.gm@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to go see the heat vs bucks and it was located perfectly for that walking distance..the hotel room was massive and the bed was comfortable especially as we were resting hangovers from the night before...we found the staff to be friendly and wifi in room was good as well...the hotel is right next to a mall which is awesome as there were plenty of food options and a few cool novelty shops to have a browse in...we got a really good deal booking 6 months in advance so it was really good value for the quality of room we got....

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the location to the downtown area to get to the Bucks Game. Hopefully, with the many changes the Bucks have had this year, you will come and visit us next season.
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Check in was smooth and without a smile from the front desk associate. Room was clean and pretty standart for the Courtyard, no fridge/cooler in the room. Pretty much everything in walking distance closes around 9PM; I would not recommend walking on the streets after 9 - get a bit "hairy" around the block, people screaming, fighting, rudely asking for money, etc. Booked throught Priceline where it specifically stated 3* / free parking, well get ready to shell out $18 per night - not happy with that. Pool is very small and busy.

"Pay as you go" breakfast operated by two ladies who gave me a look of disgust when I didn't write in "tip" section after grabbing snacks from the shelve and paying - they didn't even respond to my "thank you." If your room is faceing the back of the building get ready to start your day around 5 - that's the time garbage truck comes in and loads ALL of the containers you can see on the picture. If you like awkard and overpriced places, this one if for you. Will not return, period.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank boonen09
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am very about my staff service from the Bistro to the check in process. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. It sounds like I need to followup with Priceline regarding parking. We have a few options for self parking.

$18 for self parking
$20/23 for valet weekend/weeday

It appears this information may not be getting to the customer when purchasing a room at our hotel. The hotel parking rates are on the lower end of the scale to other hotels in the Market.

I will also be following up with our Waste Management company regarding early pickups. They are not supposed to come to the property until 7am or later.

Thank you again for your comments. I will work to get these corrected.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Good price and quality for a family stay. Convenient downtown location. The room was average size, we had a king and sofa sleeper for our kids. We asked to get a mini fridge for our room because it didn't have one and we have special dietary needs and travel with our own food. They brought one to our room within a few minutes of our checkin. The pool is small but wasn't crowded so our kids enjoyed it. We liked the food bar for breakfast, bought fresh fruit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay. Glad to hear you liked the price and quality of the hotel, the pool as well as the Bistro. We hope you will stay with us again when you visit Milwaukee!!
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights with our three kids. Location is great - close to pretty much everything and a quick walk to the third ward. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The room was really clean and nice. The beds were fantastic. Would stay here again for sure. The pool is small and chilly, but that didn't stop the kids from having a great time in there. There are + and - for all of the hotels in downtown Milwaukee...some have pools, some have free breakfast and vice versa. While this doesn't have a free breakfast, they do have a small cafe where you can get a reasonable coffee and breakfast. Good place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad you and your family had a great time from the staff experience being friendly and helpful, to the beds and the location of the property. I will review with my Engineering Crew to make sure the temp is at the property temp. I look forward to having you back again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice now in the last two months. This hotel is located close to the Historic Third Ward which is one of our favorite areas to walk around and grab some food. It is connected to a crappy mall, but still convenient for some stuff. Free parking on the weekends right across the street as well make this a great place to stay. Hotel is decorated nicely in lobby and has a pool which is great for kids. Friendly staff too.

Stayed May 2014
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your past visits with us. I am glad you enjoy the location, pool and staff. I certainly appreciate your comments and will review them with my team. I hope you will visit us again when you are back in Milwaukee!!
Middleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I traveled here last weekend for a couple of friend's wedding. It was a great location, nearby a number of great bars and the Bradley Center. Staff was very polite and the hotel was very clean. The only downfall was the cost of parking. We luckily got a great deal on the hotel with the "group rate" through the wedding party, but I don't think I would have stayed here if I had to pay a higher rate and then another $20 for parking for a night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
CYDTGM, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and the location to easily experience Milwaukee. Yes, the downtown hotels do have parking fees. Our hotel costs are on the lower end of the scale. We offer self parking for $18 and valet parking for $20-23 depending on weekday and weekend. Thank you for your comments and look forward to having you back.