“Never disappoints!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport on multiple occasions (often when staying overnight before an early morning flight). Time and time again I am truly amazed with the level of service this hotel provides, especially at such reasonable prices. The front desk staff always goes out of their way to make us feel welcome and is helpful beyond compare. The rooms are well-appointed and the beds are extremely comfortable. We often take advantage of the park 'n fly service and not only have our shuttle drivers been on time, courteous and thoughtful (waiting until we got our cars started in case we needed a jump start), but the hotel staff also cleaned off our car after a huge snowstorm. It was such a relief to find our car ready to go upon return, especially with the frigid temperatures. I truly cannot say enough great things about this hotel. I recommend it to everyone I know because I know they will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jen B
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! Your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated. It is nice to know we are doing a great job in providing such great service! I am glad you enjoyed you stay with us. The staff definitely does go above and beyond to make the guest feel welcome. Here at the Hampton you are at your home away from home, and you will be treated as such. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Spent one night here with my husband and one of our friends. We had two rooms and requested they be adjoined or beside each other, no problem at all there. We found both rooms to be very clean and well made-up with very comfy beds. Wifi was reliable. Convenient place to stay right off the highway though I still found it quiet enough to sleep. Enjoyed a nice comp breakfast in the morning. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. There really isn't much to complain about here - if I HAD to name something it would be that the doors slam very loudly if you don't grab them behind you. Other than that a very nice place to stay - will certainly stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give to write us such a wonderful review! I am pleased to know that you and your family were able to enjoy the amenities we have to offer. We hope to have you all back soon, and like you mentioned the freeway is just within a block, so if you didn't get a chance to enjoy Milwaukee come back and we'll tell you what's good!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

First of all, people who have not traveled the Milwaukee airport area recently should check their maps!! A major rebuild of the I-94/I-43/I-894 interchange has resulted in significant routing changes. Just pay attention to the signs, your memory will NOT serve you well in this area.

One of the reasons that we continue to prefer Hampton Inns are the reliabily high quality of the properties nation-wide.

This Hampton is one of the older style hampton properties. To Hampton's credit most important things are well kept regardless if the hotel is new or old. Our worst complaints are the window curtains are average at best in blocking light from the parking lots, and the towels are getting thin. But the price is right for a well located hotel, with airport shuttle, and only 15 minutes drive to downtown, with excellent highway access wherever you are going in Southeastern Wisconsin.

The pool area is quite nice, and the pool water was a nice temperature for kids swimming. This is not a water park, just a pool, but still fun for the kids.

As expected, the staff are excellent in all regards.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
I apologize for any inconveniences you may have had during your stay with us! We greatly appreciate the feedback. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy some of the amenities of the hotel, as well as checkout downtown! We hope to have you back with an even more pleasant stay! Thank you!
Blairstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

They leave a rubber duckie for you in the tub! Honest they do! This review is a pain and I will never do another one because they insist you use 200 characters. This is bogus and absolutely ridiculous. But, who in their right mind uses trip advisor anyway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Despite your trouble with this review, I really do appreciate that you took the time to complete one for us! It definitely helps us out a lot. It lets us know the pros and cons of our hotel, and staff. Thank you! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again, and yes the duckies will still be here!
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I was stuck in Milwaukee when my flight was cancelled and needed a place to stay. The Hampton staff was very understanding and gave me a good room at a good price. The shuttle picked me up promptly and the drive is the nicest guy. My room was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was good. They dropped me back off at the airport the next day. All in all it was a good respite from my travel woes. I'll stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! We really do appreciate it. I am happy that despite the issues with your airline, we were still able to accomodate your stay with us! We hope to have you back soon! Thank you.
Menasha, WI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Hotel is good, $89 rate is good, shares shuttle with Hilton Garden, upon our return, the phone to the shuttle didn't work, we took a cab, hotel reimbursed us for the cab without hassle, but this shouldn't have happened

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

579KimD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I send my sincerest apologies for the miscommunication with the shuttle upon your return. The number to call is the direct line to the hotel, and I apologize if you were unable to reach us. However, I am very glad that we were able to reimburse you! You are absolutley correct, this should not have happened, and I will make sure that it does not again. I would hope that you would give us another chance to make things right. I hope to see you soon, and again i apologize for the inconveniences you had duing your stay with us!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hotel is nice, everyone we met was very helpful and nice. The breakfast could be much better. Biscuits and gravy were cold, eggs were runny. No one was around to refill or clean the area. The tables were dirty and garbage overflowing. We did not eat there the 2nd morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
I send my sincerest apologies for all your inconveniences during your stay with us! I could only hope that you give us a second chance to make this right. I can offer you a VIP Pass that would allow you to stay one free night! Please contact us if you have not done so already. Again, I apologize for this and I can assure you it will not happen again.