“Happy at this Hampton!”

Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed a weekend at this location and found the hotel to be a typical Hampton Inn, with the exception of the front lobby being under construction. (I'm sure the construction's finished by now)

My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The bed was great and everything in my room was in working order. Due to the construction, breakfast was served in another set of rooms in the hotel, and the lady working the breakfast area could not have been nicer. The front desk staff was helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions.

There is a pool but I didn't use it. The free wi-fi in the room seemed a solid connection throughout my stay.

This hotel is off of the interstate, close to the airport, and has a McDonald's across the parking lot. There are gas stations very close and a couple of other restaurants close too. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Check in was seamless. Staff was super friendly. Rooms were recently renovated as was the lobby. Really nice. We stayed the night before at the Hampton Inn Gurnee IL and the rooms there were much smaller. Stayed one night with family including 3 teenage boys. The pool was small, indoors. Perfect water temperature. As typical with most hotel pools it is over chlorinated. We had connecting rooms and both had a nice sized fridge. Standard free morning breakfast. Free WiFi. Great restaurant across the street (Branded Steer). Fitness room is still under renovation. Has new equipment, and is roomy. Great weekend rate under 80 bucks. This is the best deal around the airport. Shuttle available to/from Mitchell Airport if you need it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We arrived to the hotel from the airport and the shuttle reservation service was a breeze, driver was super friendly too. We were very happy with the overall cleanliness of the hotel even though the deco seems a little tired. Room is extremely clean and well maintained with unexpected toiletries which we didn't with the room rate will provide.

Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. There's a lady in the breakfast area in the morning who welcomes you with the warmest smile ever, which puts us in a nice mood to start our day.

We will definitely come back in the near future for night or two to break off the journey.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ivinghoe
Reviewed April 27, 2011

My husband & I took our children (ages 15, 12 & 10) to Milwaukee for 1 night & Brewer game before heading to Chicago the next day. I looked at numerous reviews and ratings online and felt that this hotel would be just fine for us. Our room consisted of 1 king bed & a sofa sleeper. This was the first time we had tried to cram into this type of room. It worked, but I probably would need 2 rooms in the future or a larger room/suite if available. The room was newly remodeled and was very nice. Prior to leaving for the Brewer game, my husband & children enjoyed time swimming in the pool - - which they had all to themselves!!! The staff was very helpful and friendly during our stay. The next morning, we all ate a free breakfast - - more than just the normal continental breakfast at most hotels (fruit & scrambled eggs were included). We had a very nice stay, overall, for a quick stay in Milwaukee & Brewer game. I only heard 2 planes while we were there (airport noise did not seem to be an issue while we were there). The only thing I noticed was that I could hear the person in the room above us throughout the night. I was able to hear him/her getting up to use the restroom. Therefore, the walls must not be very thick overall. But, again, this wasn't a major issue, but something to be aware of if you have kids who might be noise makers. Maybe just request to NOT have someone above/below you if possible. It was a pretty quick drive to Miller Park for the Brewer game. There was some road construction on some of the exits, so our GPS came in handy and was able to easily get us to our destination.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 13momof3kiddos
ACHUE, Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Thank you for your recent review of our Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport hotel on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to hear that your family enjoyed our accomodations and amenities during your recent stay. We are proud to offer world class service and the newly remodeled Hampton Inn to families just like yours who have a chance to enjoy our breakfast each morning, pool and of course our cloud nine beds!
Please be sure to stay with us again soon, as our new perfect mix lobby will be completed soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive experiences with future guests. I look forward to your return stay being even better! Sara Remlinger, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 18, 2010

I will be back to this hotel. The staff (day and night) were more than helpful: directions, maps, recommendations and even a bandaid when they noticed I had a small cut on my hand.

Beyond the staff, the rooms were clean, quiet... and I honestly did not remember that I was next to the airport until 8:30am the next morning - when I heard my first airplane noise. So, a good night's sleep is definitely possible here.

I highly recommend it, and will be back myself.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was in Milwaukee with a friend to go to a Brewers game and take in as many brewery tours as possible. This hotel had everything that we needed. Very comfortable beds, flat screen tv's, and refridgerator. The hot breakfast was great. They have someone working who will make you waffles or anything else you may want. If we ever visit Milwaukee again, we will surely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This is a top of the line Hampton Inn, with all of the qualities and amenities that make Hampton Inn one of our favorite hotels when we travel. We were not disappointed!!

But, what makes this hotel really special is the outstanding cusomer service. From the moment we entered the lobby and were greeted like old friends, we were made to feel like we were guests in someone's home and they did everything they could to make us comfortable. From offering us bottled water, to finding us a room with a sofa, to arranging for our morning shuttle - it was all effortless and done with a smile!!
Do I need to tell you how wonderful that is when you are a tired traveler??

Special thanks to Zack at the front desk for making us feel that we were "special guests" in his home. Much appreciated Zack - keep up the good work!! Even if everyone does not tell you that your efforts and friendliness are appreciated, trust me, they are!!

When our travels take us in and out of Milwaukee, we will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple