“Great place overall”

Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Appleton, WI
“Great place overall”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

My husband & I took our children (ages 15, 12 & 10) to Milwaukee for 1 night & Brewer game before heading to Chicago the next day. I looked at numerous reviews and ratings online and felt that this hotel would be just fine for us. Our room consisted of 1 king bed & a sofa sleeper. This was the first time we had tried to cram into this type of room. It worked, but I probably would need 2 rooms in the future or a larger room/suite if available. The room was newly remodeled and was very nice. Prior to leaving for the Brewer game, my husband & children enjoyed time swimming in the pool - - which they had all to themselves!!! The staff was very helpful and friendly during our stay. The next morning, we all ate a free breakfast - - more than just the normal continental breakfast at most hotels (fruit & scrambled eggs were included). We had a very nice stay, overall, for a quick stay in Milwaukee & Brewer game. I only heard 2 planes while we were there (airport noise did not seem to be an issue while we were there). The only thing I noticed was that I could hear the person in the room above us throughout the night. I was able to hear him/her getting up to use the restroom. Therefore, the walls must not be very thick overall. But, again, this wasn't a major issue, but something to be aware of if you have kids who might be noise makers. Maybe just request to NOT have someone above/below you if possible. It was a pretty quick drive to Miller Park for the Brewer game. There was some road construction on some of the exits, so our GPS came in handy and was able to easily get us to our destination.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 13momof3kiddos
ACHUE, Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport hotel on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to hear that your family enjoyed our accomodations and amenities during your recent stay. We are proud to offer world class service and the newly remodeled Hampton Inn to families just like yours who have a chance to enjoy our breakfast each morning, pool and of course our cloud nine beds!
Please be sure to stay with us again soon, as our new perfect mix lobby will be completed soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive experiences with future guests. I look forward to your return stay being even better! Sara Remlinger, Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I will be back to this hotel. The staff (day and night) were more than helpful: directions, maps, recommendations and even a bandaid when they noticed I had a small cut on my hand.

Beyond the staff, the rooms were clean, quiet... and I honestly did not remember that I was next to the airport until 8:30am the next morning - when I heard my first airplane noise. So, a good night's sleep is definitely possible here.

I highly recommend it, and will be back myself.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
grand rapids, mi
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was in Milwaukee with a friend to go to a Brewers game and take in as many brewery tours as possible. This hotel had everything that we needed. Very comfortable beds, flat screen tv's, and refridgerator. The hot breakfast was great. They have someone working who will make you waffles or anything else you may want. If we ever visit Milwaukee again, we will surely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This is a top of the line Hampton Inn, with all of the qualities and amenities that make Hampton Inn one of our favorite hotels when we travel. We were not disappointed!!

But, what makes this hotel really special is the outstanding cusomer service. From the moment we entered the lobby and were greeted like old friends, we were made to feel like we were guests in someone's home and they did everything they could to make us comfortable. From offering us bottled water, to finding us a room with a sofa, to arranging for our morning shuttle - it was all effortless and done with a smile!!
Do I need to tell you how wonderful that is when you are a tired traveler??

Special thanks to Zack at the front desk for making us feel that we were "special guests" in his home. Much appreciated Zack - keep up the good work!! Even if everyone does not tell you that your efforts and friendliness are appreciated, trust me, they are!!

When our travels take us in and out of Milwaukee, we will be back!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Midland,Mi.
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Very nice older Hampton Inn. Price was great, heating/AC unit was very quiet, room was perfect and had a mini fridge. Stayed here on our trip to Miller Park and it was very easy getting to and from the park.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2010

As often as we stay at this Hampton, this was last minute due to a family funeral. The staff was so accommadating, warm and welcoming and it felt good to be acknowledged. The manager (Stan) went out of his way to provide the obit from the newspaper and brought it from home. The breakfast lady (Linda) truly wouldn't let me starve and made certain I was taken care of. (Stacey) remembered us and secured a reservation at another Hampton for our trip home.

We may not be in Milwaukee as often as before, but will always stay at the Hampton. Why? Because of their attention to detail, their kindness and their pride in their work. It's something to be commended.

The only glitch was that the hot water took forever to get hot on the third floor. Patience I guess but they might want to check it out.

Loved it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Based on design, this is one of the older hotels in the chain. It's renovated, and they've done a great job keeping up the place.

The 24 hour airport shuttle was GREAT. It's nice to not worry, even when your flight is 5 hours delayed, and you arrived in the wee hours of the morning (The USA Today beat me there).

The staff is VERY friendly, and offers to help at every chance possible.

The indoor pool and hot tub look good, and look to be usable year-round.

The exercise room is AWESOME... Probably the best I've seen at a Hampton Inn... Multiple Treadmills, open 24 hours, Clean, etc.

I am looking forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business