“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Memphis, United States
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is actually Very Good to Average. My husband and I have stayed at Hampton Inns frequently, but when I first checked in I felt that this one was a little on the seedy side. After a few days, i felt comfortable there. The staff are very friendly and there is a security guard.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Adam D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your 4 star review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that we've provided a great experience to another one of our guests! We work very hard here at the hotel to hire and train individuals with great customer service skills. They are truly what makes this hotel special. We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel a better rating. Clearly there has been a renovation recently, so the rooms are clean, the furniture is new, and the room I was in definitely met what I would consider the standard for a Hampton Inn.

Unfortunately, the hotel suffers dramatically because of its location. Right across the street from the hotel is one of the busiest strip clubs in Milwaukee. That, in and of itself, is not a problem for me. The problem is that it appears every douche bag with a souped-up Harley in the greater Milwaukee area goes this strip club, and they all seem to think they are part a contest to show off who's exhaust pipes are the loudest. Fueled by a combination of topless women and liquor, these idiots drive up and down the street outside the hotel, revving their engines until their pipes growl in the 60-80 db range, blasting right into the hotel rooms. This remarkable display of immature and inconsiderate behavior on the part of the strip club customers makes it nearly impossible to get any sleep until the bar closes. The noise was so loud that my SO heard it over my cell while I was in my room and she asked why I was staying so close to the airport. For a point of reference, the Milwaukee airport is about 20 miles away...

If this hotel were located in a different neighborhood, I would have no problem giving it four stars. The hotel staff is remarkably friendly, the breakfast was excellent, and the room that I was in certainly met the Hampton Inn standard. Unfortunately, the childish behavior of the strip club customers across the street makes this one hotel I will probably not visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recognizing our great staff!! It's all due to them that we are able to provide such well-maintained guest rooms and common areas along with excellent guest service.We sincerely regret the disturbance. Our location across from the dealership can mean extra activity on Wednesday evenings, as much as we try to contain it. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter, east-facing rooms upon request.

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed for a week on business travel. The late Sunday night checkin was friendly and efficient. The complimentary breakfast was very good and the staff very helpful and accommodating. Maid service was very good too. The only one detraction was the high school basketball team staying the the adjoining rooms being loud late at night. Despite that i will stay here when i return and would recommend for others visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your 4 star review of our hotel! Regarding the noisy neighbors next time please let the front desk know and we will address the issue immediately. It is always our goal to provide a great experience to our guests, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Motorcycle place across street roared in and out all night long. Hotel fully aware as they have called to complain multiple times. Room smaller tan usual but clean. Staff was nice. Could not recommend as when I travel I stay at Hilton's due to comfort and needing to be able to sleep!!!! Good thing I had ear plugs as it is so noisy with motorcycles they even keep them at desk. It is amazing that they can't abate the noise after a certain time of night. I won't even name the motorcycle as I don't want to give them a plug! What a shame that's all some people have to do is roar up and down a street late at night. Again I hate it for this hotel as they can't help the motorcycles.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paulette D
We sincerely regret the disturbance. Our location across from the dealership can mean extra activity on Wednesdays evenings, as much as we try to contain it. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter, West-facing rooms upon request.
Virginia Beach, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our room was small, and the bathroom was tiny. This is obviously an older Hampton Inn, and it doesn't compare favorably with the newer ones. Room was missing other features we have become used to, such as a rack for suitcases, a refrigerator, or a safe. We thought the room was overpriced. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truly sorry.
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights while in town for a Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses at the Brewers' Stadium in downtown Milwaukee. The staff was very friendly--especially the nice woman who worked in the breakfast area (I forgot her name). The room was a small suite with a frig, just as we had requested. The breakfast included eggs, potatoes, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit, coffee, and even a waffle iron for making waffles (we didn't have time). The fruit does run out fairly quickly. The housekeeping staff did a great job. We really enjoyed our stay. Currently there is a lot of construction in the area--keep that in mind for travel times.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Weaverville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have stayed here several times and this was the worst stay. Had several issues in the room.
#1-I asked for lower floor and away from elevator. My room was on top floor across from elevator.
#2-the toilet would not flush properly. Reported to staff with little response.
#3-When I went to my car there was a large hole in the parking lot directly by the tire of my car. I report this and staff again gave little response.
I am sad that a Hampton is in this condition and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jeffpennell
Adam D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into a few problems during your stay. We have fixed the sink hole in the parking lot and have addressed the room assignment issues with the front desk. I hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Adam DeLude
Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
Quality Inn
#51 of 55 in Milwaukee
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!