“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Herriman, Utah
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Overall great hotel - one side of the hotel faces a busy highway which is noisy. This only effects a small number of rooms. Other than that great hotel. My review is done, however, "This review requires a 200 character minimum."

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This Hotel was very affordable, hotel also has security in parking lot, Service was great. 20 minutes from airport.would stay here again. Has indoor pool and many cable stations. Always have cookies and bags for lunch

Crestwood, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

In a nutshell, I came to this hotel without a reservation, they took me right in and welcomed all my discounts. My room smelled heavily of smoke, we called immediately downstairs to tell them about the smell. Since the environment is smoke-free, we were not expecting them to be able to do anything about our smell. Within a few seconds of our call came a knock at our door, not only switching us to a different room, but we received a free up-grade. That's customer service at it's finest. How often do you receive the unexpected? Thanks Hampton!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Kim Y
Kerri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that we've provided a great experience to another one of our guests! We work very hard here at the hotel to hire and train individuals with great customer service skills. They are truly what makes this hotel special. We look forward to serving you again very soon!
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Let's start with the good parts: the towels were soft and clean. The breakfast was edible. The price was low. The night manager was helpful.

Now the bad parts: I checked 4/2/13 about 9 PM. I expected an older facility, but what I didn't expect was to see so much dirt on the floor. Lint, popcorn, and other assorted small debris were scattered all over the floor. After a long day at work, I look forward to taking off my shoes and kicking back, so I'm just not comfortable with a dirty floor.

So I went down the hall to the front desk. The night person there was very helpful and opened a total of three other rooms to which I could move. All of them had even more dirt on the floors than the room I had! He said perhaps there's a problem with the vacuum cleaner for that floor! Finally, I used that same vacuum cleaner and vacuumed my floors myself. With a clean floor, I was able to relax, but checked out this morning, a day earlier than planned.

Perhaps I should have known when I looked up the hotel before booking - and saw a gentlemen's club across the street, a laundromat next door, and the expressway on the other side - that this was not a hotel for a business traveler.

My advice to the owner is to change the brand of your hotel - this is not what I expect from a Hampton.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
2 Thank wasthere22
Kerri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you did not receive the service that you are accustomed to, and truly deserve. Please know that I have personally spoken with the Housekeeping Manager and have addressed each of the concerns that you voiced with them. I can assure you that your experiences will not be those of our future guests. I sincerely hope that you will give our hotel another chance to provide you an outstanding experience the next time you are in town.

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Marquette, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I traveled to Milwaukee for an interview at the Medical College of Wisconsin and I wanted a nice place to stay and relax the night before. When I arrived my room wasn't ready yet but the woman working at the front desk switched things around so that I could check in right away in a similar room. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and welcoming. Also, while staying alone in a hotel I found the safety and security to be excellent. The only negative was that my room was on the highway side of the building so it was a bit noisy, but it ended up not keeping me awake at night at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quieter side of the hotel if you are sensitive to the highway noise at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danielle V
Muskegon, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I felt like I was sleeping on the shoulder of Highway 45. Heat was poor in room. Fan in bathroom sounded like we were blasting off. Service was decent. Not a good restauarant for cocktails and dinner even close to this place.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, get a room that is not on the highway side,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nrobm
Kerri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you found our hotel to be conveniently located and our rooms to be clean. I do however understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to soundproof our property.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stay here often for business and the staff and value of this Hampton Inn is great. Right off the highway, close to a lot of the industrial parks where my customers are, and they recently remodeled the interior. Free breakfast, WiFi, fitness center, and parking. Part of Hilton Honors award program.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milwaukee
Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
Quality Inn
#51 of 54 in Milwaukee
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West

Been to Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest? Share your experiences!