Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest
  • Breakfast included
$289
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$84
$150
$117
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$229
The Pfister Hotel(Milwaukee)
$279
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewshighway sidelovers lanefront deskcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast staffroom was cleancomfortable staybusiness tripfresh fruitfitness centermaintenancerefrigerator
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We needed a budget room to be near our son's volleyball tournament, so we based our choice strictly on location and price. We were surprised by the very clean, well-decorated room, and even more surprised by the wonderful king-sized bed and warm, thick duvet! The heat/AC was quieter than in most hotels, and easy to control. Cold breakfast items were good, stay away from the hot items. Hotel is very convenient to the expressway, only downside is it across the street from a "gentlemen's club".

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator lobby, the bells "ding" a lot.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric L
Kerri H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We're delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was very nice to be able to check in early. Also, with notification staff accomdated room with a fridge and mircowave. Pool was being cleaned and staff informed us when it was reopenned for our use. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words. Our goal is satisfy our guests 100% by all means available to us and I am thrilled that all of our team members embodied that during your most recent stay. We can't wait to serve your lodging needs again!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed Jan 17-19 at this hotel. Rooms were average. They make it a point to let you know that the sheets AND duvets are changed for each guest. The only reason I said the hotel was average in terms of cleanliness is because I encountered dirty sheets in 2 different rooms on the same night. In their defense, the first "dirty" sheet had a stain that appeared to be impossible to wash out. The second dirty sheet was inside of a sofa sleeper so I'm guessing housekeeping forgot to open it up and change the linens.

Every member of the staff I encountered was really friendly. In addition to being friendly, they were prompt. Very prompt. Anytime I needed anything I was helped in a polite and prompt manner. Kudos to their customer service trainer.

They serve breakfast with at least 3 hot items and fresh waffles. I was never able to wake up before it finished at 10am so I can't comment on its quality.

There is a business center, fitness room, pool and hot tub. All seemed to be clean and functioning.

Location is great. Right off hwy 45 so easy to get anywhere from here.

Tip- if you are up late and get hungry late at night, try to get food earlier than later. The Taco Bell nearby does not stay open according to the posted hours and the "24 hour" McDonalds nearby served breakfast at 2am even though they display the regular menu.

• Stayed: January 2013
HamptonNorthwest, General Manager at Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff! I again apologize for the oversite with housekeeping, but I am glad we were able to resolve the issue and make your stay a positive one. I was able to share your review with our staff at the morning meeting and they had big smiles on their faces! Again, Thank you!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a really great time. They accommodated are late arrival (1am!) with ease. The breakfast was delicious, and hot! They had eggs, hash browns and a variety of yogurt flavors. The only thing they didn't have was more than one muffin--they only had bran while we were there. The hotel staff were very friendly, every time we walked in the hallways they asked if there was any way they could help us. The pool was nice and large, and the hot tub was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda G
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Needed a room for a soccer match at a large complex in the area. Chose this hotel based on price and brand and as usual was not disappointed with Hampton Inn. This is an older property that is completing the renovation process so there was some construction finishing up in the breakfast/lobby area (which was noted when I made the reservation) but rooms have all been updated to include granite, new decor, etc. So the room was comfortable and very clean. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was standard fare and always great coffee. Pool area was clean, hot tub was super hot and felt great after a long day of driving! Fitness facility was closed due to the construction but I was offered a free visit to the health club nearby. I took the visit-but was never able to locate the club.
So this hotel served it's purpose very nicely and I would gladly choose it again. That being said, the older Hampton Inns that are now being refurbished simply don't have the larger public spaces that the newer construction sites have. This lobby/breakfast area is small compared to others and even though it is having a facelift, it will remain so.

Fyi-there is not alot going on in this particular neighborhood in terms of shopping, dining, etc. We headed just a couple exits back to Capitol Drive (5 min at most) and found many places to eat, and all of the shopping places we needed. Others commented on the "gentleman's club" acrosse the road and made me a little concerned about the area itself. Not to worry. Neighborhood is typical suburban-but very close to the freeway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you 729ellie for your review. I am happy to say that our "facelift" is now complete and our guests are enjoying an updated lobby, BRAND NEW fitness center, and New Business Center! I hope to welcome you back if you return to Milwaukee!