“Second Stay in 2 yrs.”

Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Dayton, United States
“Second Stay in 2 yrs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had an excellent stay in Sept 2012... Returned to Milwaukee for a business trip and received the same excellent service. The facility is a first class establishment and the staff are an added bonus. Check In & Checking Out were fast & easy with no surprises on the bill.

1 Thank Marvin D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This is ok but there doesn't seem to be much choice in Milwaukee. For a chain hotel it is ok if you like Hiltons. I don't really. The rooms are tired and dark, the reception is a but grubby. The concierge is not particularly experienced in the area. Generally this is somewhere to stay because you have to. Not because you want to.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CAES12
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hi CAES12,

I'm sorry to hear that you felt disappointed with your experience staying with us while in Milwaukee. Our property was built in 1927, but we have worked diligently to keep it up to and surpassing the standards of experiences our guests expect for today. I'd love to hear more details regarding what led you to describe our reception area as grubby and other reasons why your experience wasn't up to par.

Feel free to email me directly at dustinzick[at]hiltonmilwaukee.com.

Thanks,

Dustin
Manitowoc, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The purpose of my stay was as an exhibitor for a conference. I spent the previous night. The staff helped me not only retrieve the items I needed from my vehicle for the exhibit but delivered them right where I needed them. They also offered to bring me lunch right to my table so I would not have to leave. I was then again helped with brining items from the conference floor back to my vehicle and given a bottle of water for the ride home. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful! Great value for a beautiful hotel.

1 Thank Jill M
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is a very large hotel but it is impressively comfortable and cozy considering how big it is. The rooms are smallish. We had a nice room on the 22nd floor that had views of the lake and it was very nice. The price for the room was rather nice as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I ran a conference at this hotel. The catering & sales management team always does a wonderful job. This was my 6th event that I held and ran at the Hilton City Center. The staff are friendly and helpful. They are always smiling. The room I stayed in was perfect - clean and comfortable. For the conference, the staff was kind and ensured our attendees had their meal choices. I always use this location for any business in Milwaukee due to the quality service provided. They are also at a great location for guest of my conference to go and explore the downtown area of Milwaukee to try the different restaurants and entertainment offered so they never feel trapped on property.

1 Thank Mary R
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a classic older hotel with a grand lobby and great amenities. The location is very convenient for any kind of stay, easy access to covered parking. The staff are friendly and there is a Starbucks adjacent to the lobby. The bar and restaurant are worth staying in for an evening.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Richfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

We met our son and his fiance' in Milwaukee to check out a couple restaurants for his rehearsal dinner in August. We chose the Hilton City Center due to location and being "dog freindly". I used to travel regularly for business and I have never stayed at a hotel that was so 100% commited to service from the Doorman to the front desk, to the bellman and security staff. Their answer to everything was "Yes We Can", in fact they seem to anticipate our needs prior to even asking! I saw the staff walking dogs for guests, and they truly showed sincere care for those pets. They have a contained dog park, so if you travel with your pet, This Is The Place to Stay! We enjoyed the bar, with a great selection of brews as well as the food service.
This will be where we stay on our return visits! They have convenient attached ramp parking with in/out Privileges.

Room Tip: All areas of the hotel seemed great, with 6+ elevators to serve the guests
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce H
Hi Bruce!

We're thrilled to hear that both you and your canine companion had such a great experience during your recent visit to Milwaukee. We take great pleasure in providing the best possible service to each and every guest that comes through our doors be it on two legs or four and to know we lived up to those standards is truly a pleasure.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Best,