The Hilton Milwaukee City Center hotel is centrally located downtown, near the Amtrak (about a three block walk) and the expressway, as well as near the river, shops and great dining. There are a couple bus stops nearby as well as a Starbucks located off the lobby.
When you enter the hotel at street level, you are actually on the lower lobby and you have to walk (or take the elevator) one flight up to check in. The check-in process was extremely easy and the hotel is older, so the lobby and main areas are really beautiful. I chose a higher room (23rd floor) and my room was at the end of the hall, far from the elevators. Once I was in my room, I didn't hear any hallway noise or other guests in nearby rooms. The room was decent size and the bathrooms were recently re-done and are large. There is no bathroom fan to clean out the steam from the shower but that seems pretty typical in older hotels.
I didn't have a car but I did hear another employee mention you had in/out privileges in the garage, so it seems it's self-park and not valet. I'm not sure what the cost was but it would probably be minimal. There is also an outside lot across the street but it fills up quickly and it's also a minimal charge.
I was only in town for a night, so I didn't get a chance to visit the fitness center (I think they have a small wading pool only) or room service but I did get a drink at the Miller Pub, which is off the lower lobby. The drinks are relatively cheap (especially if you order Miller products) and they have a lot of TV's, so it's good to watch sports at. The food was typical bar food and was just so/so.
The hotel staff are extremely attentive and when I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste, they not only brought them up within 5 minutes of my call, they included a full-size toothbrush. When I was there, a severe storm came through the area, with tornado warnings. They sounded the fire alarm, brought everyone to the lobby where we could wait out the storm in safety.
I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Milwaukee. I would recommend booking this site through a discount site, as I paid less than half of what the Hilton site charged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant, historic hotel is a landmark in downtown Milwaukee. Recently renovated guest rooms and suites provide modern comforts. The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Wisconsin Center and is in the middle of thriving downtown shopping, eating and theater areas. All of Milwaukee's great attractions are minutes away including Miller Park, BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley Davidson Museum and Discovery World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Milwaukee City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee City Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee City Center
- Milwaukee Hilton